Market Outline: Global Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents Market
Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by kidney that enables stimulate production of RBC. Erythropoietin stimulating agents are the drugs used to stimulate the bone marrow to enhance the production of red blood cells. The drugs are commonly used in the treatment of anemia due to end stage renal disease (ESRD), major surgeries, chemotherapy, and HIV/AIDS leads to decrease the need of blood transfusion.
Global erythropoietin stimulating agents market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over the 2018 to 2024.
Rise in prevalence of anemia, ESRD, HIV, and cancer around the globe is witnessed to increased demand for global erythropoietin stimulating agents market. Moreover, rise in R&D for innovation of newer drugs, entry of bio-similar and generics into market due to expiration of patents are expected to increase in the adoption of low-cost drugs in developing countries, and rise in awareness about the benefits erythropoietin drugs are anticipated to propel the erythropoietin stimulating agents market over the forecast period. However, stringent regulations for the product approval, adverse effects associated with drugs, and high cost of patented drugs are impede the growth of erythropoietin stimulating agents market.
Erythropoietin stimulating agents market is segmented on the basis of product type, application and distribution channel
Based on the product type, the market is segmented into the following:
Based on the route of application, the market is segmented into the following:
- Renal Disorders
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Geographically, global erythropoietin stimulating agents market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America erythropoietin stimulating agents market is expected to dominate the revenue share due to increase in the prevalence of anemia, rise in number of major surgical procedures, and development of biosimilar by market players are expected to fuel the market. Europe erythropoietin stimulating agents market is driven by increase in the incidence of cancers in UK, Germany, and France, rise in awareness about the erythropoietin drugs, increase in the R&D investment for the development of newer drugs are expected to surge the market. However, Asia Pacific erythropoietin stimulating agents market is witnessed enormous growth opportunities due to increase in the medical tourism in Asia Pacific countries, adoption of newer drugs, and launch of generic drugs into Asia Pacific market are expected to drive the market.
Some of the players in the global erythropoietin stimulating agents market include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Israel)
- Biocon Limited (India)
- Celltrion, Inc. (South Korea)
- Hoffmann La Roche, Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Hospira, Inc. (Pfizer, Inc.) (U.S.)
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (U.S.)
- Amgen, Inc. (U.S.)
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (India)
- Intas Pharmaceuticals (India)
- 3SBio, Inc. (China)
- Kissei Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Japan)
Notable Market Developments:
- In January 2018, Kissei Pharmaceutical Company and JCR Pharmaceuticals announced positive results of Phase 3 study for JR-131, a biosimilar for darbopoetin alfs.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0