Global Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring Devices Market
Fetal and neonatal monitoring devices enable provide best care to newborns and fetus. These help in monitoring of heart rate, oxygen saturation, ECG, blood pressure and others. Fetal and neonatal monitoring is important in providing noninvasive and developmental care for the fetus and neonates.
Global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is driven by the rise in premature births and increase in demand for neonatal care. In addition rise in demand for home care products for neonates and funding of government and non-government agencies for improvement of neonatal care are expected to boost the market growth. Furthermore, technological advancements such as introduction of wireless neonatal monitors and raising awareness about the neonatal care are expected to bolster the global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market during the forecast period. However, high cost of products, lack of trained and skilled professionals and stringent regulatory procedures are expected to hinder the market growth over the forecast period.
Market Scope: Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring Devices Market
Global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is segmented based on equipment, portability and end user
Based on equipment, global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices are segmented into
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Pulse Oximeters
- Uterine Contraction Monitor
- Cardiopulmonary Monitor
- Blood Pressure Monitor
Based on portability, global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is segmented into
- Non Portable
Based on end user, global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is segmented into
- Neonatal Care Centres
Market overview: Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring Devices Market
Global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is expected to grow at notable rates during the forecast period owing to rise in preterm births around the world. Market players are concentrated on development adding the additional features to devices and adopting strategies such as product launches and collaborations to increase the market share. For instance, In November 2016, CardiacDirect has launched new fetal monitor Cardio Tech GT-1300. Similarly, in May 2017, Neoventa Medical AB launched fetal heart monitor STAN S41, only CTG (cardiograph) monitor that incorporates ST analysis. This was developed in collaboration with Sunray Medical Apparatus Co. Furthermore companies are developing innovative technologies and combining with the smart devices in order to gain competitive edge in fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market.
Region Overview: Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring Devices Market
Geographically, global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is segmented into following regions, viz. North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, and Europe. North America market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to growing demand for the neonatal care exponent and rising preterm births. Europe fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market is expected to grow at significant rate owing to growing awareness in neonatal and fetal care and developing healthcare funding by the government. Asia Pacific is expected to have lucrative growth opportunity owing to developing healthcare infrastructure and rising rates of preterm births. According to World Health Organization, 60% of global preterm births occur in South Asia and Africa.
Competition Assessment: Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring Devices Market
Some of the players in global fetal and neonatal monitoring devices market are GE Healthcare (U.S.), CareFusion Corporation (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (U.S.), Philips Healthcare (Koninklijke Philips N.V.) (Netherlands), Smiths Medical (Smiths Group plc) (UK), Phoenix Medical Systems (P) Ltd. (U.S.), Lutech Industries (U.S.), Neoventa Medical AB (Sweden), and CardiacDirect (U.S.).
Market Developments: Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring Devices Market
- In January 2016, Koninklijke Philips N.V. and Monica Healthcare entered into collaboration on fetal monitoring solution. Under the collaboration, companies will integrate Monica’s signal acquisition technology to Philips Avalon CL product platform to advance maternal and childcare.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2017) and forecast (2018 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market