Global Anticoccidial Drugs Market
Coccidiosis is one of the common poultry disease, which is caused by the parasite called as coccidian protozoa. It is highly resistant to harsh, rough environment and disinfectants. It exists in the intestinal tract and undergoes multiplication to cause damage to the tissues, in turn, impede with the absorption of nutrients and digestion of food that may lead to the dehydration of body and blood loss. Damaging of tissue in the animal may make the bird more infection prone to bacteria such as salmonella and clostridia. The disease transfers from one to other by contact with infected litter, faeces or damaged tissue. Coccidiosis is prevented by maintaining litter management and proper sanitation. Anticoccidial medications are used in conventional animal feeding, which is usually added to animal feed for prevention of coccidiosis.
Increasing prophylactic usage of anticoccidial drugs and rise in demand for the meat products are the major factors which are driving the growth of the anticoccidial drugs market. Furthermore, the feasible regulatory framework for the development and approval of the products and increase in governments spending on the healthcare of companion animals, increasing safety concerns about food and health of animals, improving prices and quality of meat and dairy product globally are the factors which are fuelling the growth of the anticoccidial drugs market globally. However, lack of awareness, high prices of the raw materials and cost of the products may hinder the Additives in Animal Feed Market growth.
Anticoccidial Drugs Market is segmented on basis of type of livestock, drug class, distribution channel and geographical regions.
Based on the type of animal, global Anticoccidial Drugs Market is segmented
Based on the type of drugs, the global Anticoccidial Drugs Market is segmented
- Sulpha drugs
Based on the distribution channels, the global Anticoccidial Drugs Market is segmented
- Veterinary hospitals
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
Rising Population pool, stability in economic conditions are leading to the rise in demand for foods with rich proteins, especially in the developing nations. Companies in veterinary healthcare were well established for addressing the growth of emerging markets towards the demand for the high-protein diets. Continuous investments for the innovations and the technological advancements for the development of animal health drugs.
Anticoccidial Drugs Market is segmented as North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. North America is dominating the anticoccidial drugs market, majorly U.S, Canada and Mexico owing to the precautionary use of the anticoccidials in the veterinary feed. The European anticoccidial drugs market is propelled due to the excessive rise in consumption of meat, especially France, Germany, Spain and UK. However, Asia Pacific market is anticipated to be as the speedy growing region in anticoccidials market owing to the large pool of population increase in demand for meat and meat proteins in countries like India, Malaysia, and China etc.
Few key players in global Anticoccidial Drugs Market are Eli Lilly (Elanco) (U.S.), Virbac (U.S.), Ceva Santé Animale (France), Zoetis (U.S.), Merck Animal Healthcare (Canada), Smartvet Inc. (U.S.), Intas (India), Jurox (Australia), and Dosch Pharma (India).
- In 2015, Elililly acquired Novartis Animal Health to expand its Elanco Animal Health Unit in various product portfolios.
- In 2014 November, Zoetis Inc. has reintroduction its Zoamix (zoalene) in the USA, which is a synthetic anticoccidial drug used to control and prevent coccidiosis in poultry production.
- In 2011, Ceva Sante Animale acquired vetech laboratories a Canadian producer of live vaccines and drugs for coccidiasis to expand its product portfolio.
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2018-2024
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments, and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario