Global Dengue Vaccine Market By Product Type (CYD-TDV (Dengvaxia), DENVax, TetraVax-DV, and Others), By Vaccine Type (Live Attenuated Vaccine, Killed Vaccine, and Others), By End Users (Hospitals, Clinics, Government Institutes, and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)) and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2016 and Forecast 2017-2023
Dengue Vaccine Market Report Description:
Dengue vaccines market report gives a comprehensive outlook of dengue vaccine industry across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa (MEA) North America, and Europe. This report gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) of product types, vaccine type, end users, and geographic regions. This report studies market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market.
In addition, dengue vaccines market report covers newer product introductions and competition analysis with vividly illustrated competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed the market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (Regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policymakers engaged in manufacturing and supply of dengue vaccine.
Dengue Vaccine Market Size:
The dengue vaccine market value is estimated to be US$ 235 Mn in 2017 and poised to grow at CAGR 27.7%. The market for dengue vaccines projected to reach US$ 1,020 Mn by 2023 due to newer product launches and the dearth of treatment options.
Increase in Burden of Dengue Fever in Tropical and Subtropical Regions
Dengue fever or breakbone fever is caused by four distinct, virus serotypes, which are transmitted to humans by Aedes aegypti mosquito. Dengue fever is epidemic in several countries of Asia-pacific and Latin America region. The growing global epidemic of dengue in aforementioned regions is expected to create demand for the dengue vaccine over the forecast period. Increasing initiatives from local governments and World Health Organization (WHO) to curb the dengue menace across the regions expected to drive the market demand for dengue vaccine over the forecast period. Moreover, several governments are actively looking for incorporating dengue vaccine in routine immunization programmes to prevent the dengue epidemics. According to WHO estimates, there are around 50 Mn dengue infections worldwide every year and dengue is endemic in over 100 countries across the globe.
Promising Vaccine Pipeline
Currently, dengvaxia is the only vaccine available for dengue prevention in the market. Dengvaxia (CYD-TDV) is a recombinant tetravalent vaccine administered in three doses in series of 0/3/6 month schedule. However, there are around five dengue vaccine candidates are under development, which are showing positive results in different clinical trial phases. Moreover, vaccines like DENVax from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is showing better clinical benefits in all age groups and have convenient dosing pattern i.e. two doses (three months apart). Developing clinically efficacious vaccines in flexible dosing regimens expected to fuel the dengue vaccine market revenue growth over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region Expected To Emerge As Leading Market for Dengue Vaccine
Asia-Pacific region expected to lead the global dengue vaccines market owing to widespread prevalence and incidence of dengue fever and large population, who are at dengue fever risk. Latin America expected to register highest market growth among all regions owing to the early adoption of the vaccine in government immunization programmes.
Global dengue vaccine market leaders include:
- Sanofi (France)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Japan)
- Insitituto Butantan(Brazil)
- Vabiotech (Vietnam)
- Panacea Biotech(India)
- Biological E (India)
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (U.K)
- Merck & Co. Inc. (U.S.)
Market players are focusing on developing live and killed vaccines with improved safety and efficacy to garner larger revenue share in the global market.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global dengue vaccine market expanding at 27.7% CAGR over 2013 to 2017 to reach market value of US$ 1,020 Mn by 2023
- Based on product type CYD-TDV expected to hold larger revenue share in short-term owing to first mover advantage
- Government institutes are expected to emerge as prime buyers for dengue vaccine across the globe owing to incorporation of dengue vaccine in immunization programmes
- Players focusing on live and killed vaccines with improved safety and efficacy to garner larger revenue share in global market.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Product Type
- CYD-TDV (Dengvaxia)
By Vaccine Type
- Live Attenuated Vaccine
- Killed Vaccine
By End Users
- Government Institutes
- Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA