Global Ethane Market
Global Ethane Market Report Description:
Global Ethane market report gives comprehensive outlook on Ethane across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa. The report on global Ethane market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of application, end user, and regions. This report studies global Ethane market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global Ethane market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global Ethane market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global Ethane market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global Ethane products.
Global Ethane Market:
The global ethane market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Ethane is used in the making of ethylene glycol (1,2-ethanediol) which is used as automotive antifreeze agent as well as a precursor to polymers. It also aids in the manufacturing of polymers including, polyethylene (Polythene), polystyrene, polyester, polyvinyl chloride (PVC). In a refinery, ethane is produced as portion of the refinery gas produced by many refinery process units also generally left in the gas scorched as refinery fuel. Consequently, the augmented demand for the gas from end-use industries will create new opportunities for the leading manufacturers functioning in the market. However, stringent government regulations relating to the manufacture and use of ethane is hampering the market growth.
Increasing Usage of Ethylene in Various Industries
Ethane is predominantly used for ethylene synthesis, acetic acid synthesis, refrigerant, and others. Ethylene synthesis segment is the leader in the global ethane market. The growth in this segment is due to the extensive usage of ethylene through a number of end-use industries. The segment is also expected to grow at a debauched CAGR in the near future. It is predominantly used in the making of ethanol (industrial Alcohol), which is used as an organic solvent or else in the production of numerous chemical intermediates. Ethane derivative vinyl acetate monomer finds a majority of application in barrier resins, paints, adhesives, and paper coatings. Moreover, it supports the maturing of climacteric fruits and dehiscence of dry fruits. Ethylene is used to encourage synthetic ripening of various fruits like apple, mango, banana, etc.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Ethane Market
APAC is considered to be front runner and is estimated to register a noteworthy CAGR of XX%. APAC is expected to lead the global market in the coming years. Rising use of plastics coupled with the growth of the retail and e-commerce industry, besides ongoing construction activities in several countries of APAC are some of the chief dynamics responsible for the growth of market in this region. The market in North America region is developing at a significant pace owing to the rising consumption of ethylene product in various end users such as packaging, automotive, construction, and others. It is foreseen that rising funds from the end-use industries is expected to drive the market in the near future.
Key player’s profiles in the global ethane market include:
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC (the Netherlands)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Air Liquide (France)
- Praxair Technology Inc. (US)
- Reliance Industries Limited (India)
- The Williams Companies Inc. (US)
- DCP Midstream LLC (US)
- Energy Transfer Partners LP (US)
- American Ethane (US)
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (US)
- Devon Energy Corporation (US)
- Targa Resources Corp. (US)
- Aux Sable (US)
- Boardwalk Louisiana Midstream, LLC (US)
- Enbridge Inc. (Canada),
Key players in global ethane market enhance their product portfolio and consumer base by adopting striking market strategy like collaborations, acquisitions, technological innovations, among others. For instance, Aug. 21, 2018 — LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world, announced it has completed the acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc., a leading global supplier of high-performance plastic compounds, composites and powders.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global ethane market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 due to increasing demand for polyethylene.
- Based on application type, ethylene synthesis segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global ethane market.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market.
By Application Type
- Ethylene synthesis
- Acetic acid synthesis
By End User Type
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Gulf Corporation Council Counties (GCC)
- Rest of MEA