Global Ethylene Dichloride Industry Market Report Description:
Global ethylene dichloride industry market report gives comprehensive outlook on ethylene dichloride industry across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa. The report on global ethylene dichloride industry market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product type, application, and regions. This report studies global ethylene dichloride industry market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global ethylene dichloride industry market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global ethylene dichloride industry market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Copolymers Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global Ethylene Dichloride industry market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global ethylene dichloride industry products
Global Ethylene Dichloride Industry Market:
The global Ethylene Dichloride industry market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. EDC is predominantly used as a raw material in the production of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM). The vinyl chloride, in turn is used for the fabrication of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin. Moreover, it is used as a dispersant in rubber and plastics, as a wetting and penetrating agent. It is also added to leaded gasoline as a lead scavenger, which in turn increases the demand in petrol and gasoline. These factors leads to the growth of market. However, stringent environmental regulation hampers the growth of market.
Rising Demand from Automotive Sector
Ethylene dichloride finds a wide range of application in automotive, pharmaceutical, building & construction, plastics, other. Automotive segment is considered to be one of the largest applications of ethylene dichloride. It is expected to fuel the EDC market growth during the forecast period. The continuous growth in this segment can be attributed to increasing customer awareness concerning about the maintenance of automobiles is projected to boost the market growth in the coming years. Moreover, increasing demand for commercial vehicles and lightweight passenger vehicles has furthered the production of global automobiles, which in turn raises the demand for ethylene dichloride based products during the estimate period.
North America Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Ethylene Dichloride Industry Market
Ethylene dichloride market in North American region is strongly driven by presence of most important constructers of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), such as Axiall Corporation, Solvay, and Shin-Etsu Chemical. The consumption rate of ethylene dichloride is considerably high in this region. US is foreseen to be the regional leader which the maximum production of ethylene chloride. Asia Pacific remains as the most lucrative market for ethylene dichloride due to its rising demand from emerging economies like China, Japan, and India. The growth in this region can be attributed to rapid industrialization. The Middle East & Africa is projected to spectator a momentous growth over the forecast period owing to significant growth in building & construction accomplishments..
Key player’s profiles in the global ethylene dichloride industry market include:
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- PT Asahimas Chemical (Indonesia)
- Horizon Chemical Industry Co. Ltd (China)
- Punjab Chemicals & Crop Protection Limited (India)
- Formosa Plastics Corporation (U.S.)
- Westlake Chemical Corporation (U.S.)
- Axiall Corporation (U.S.)
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (U.S.)
- PPG Industries (U.S.)
- Olin Corporation (U.S.)
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
Key players in ethylene Dichloride industry market enhance their product portfolio and consumer base by adopting striking market strategy like collaborations, acquisitions, technological innovations, among others. For instance, Tuesday, June 21, 2016 – November 07, 2016 – Dow Pharma & Food Solutions, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW), announced the official global launch and commercial availability of ETHOCEL High Productivity (HP) a high productivity ethylcellulose polymer for multiparticulate and taste-masking applications, designed specifically for use with rotor coater systems. The product is commercially available exclusively through Colorcon Inc. (Colorcon), as part of the Dow and Colorcon Controlled Release Alliance.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global ethylene dichloride industry market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 due to wide range of applications in various industries.
- Based on application type, automotive segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer copolymers and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global ethylene dichloride industry market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market.
By Product Type
- Industrial Grade
- Medicinal Grade
By Application Type
- Building & construction
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Gulf Corporation Council Counties (GCC)
- Rest of MEA