Global Laboratory Information Management Systems Market
Laboratory Information Management Systems Market: A laboratory information management system is also known as laboratory management systems, a software system enables support laboratory operations that can track workflow and specimens, aggregate data for research or business intelligence purposes and ensure laboratory operation complaint with various regulations and standards. LIMS enable labs to produce accurate, reliable, reproducible and faster data.
LIMS provides the wide range of applications to biopharmaceutical companies to address the key challenges in drug development process. Increase in inclination towards the LIMS, rising adoption of advanced technologies, increase in maintenance of precise and accurate data regarding bioanalysis, invitro pharmacokinetic studies, discovery, R&D and QA/QC are the few factors which propelled the growth of Laboratory information management systems market. However, lack of skilled professionals to manage the technology and high-cost association are the few restraints expected to hamper the growth of the laboratory information management systems market.
Laboratory Information Management Systems Market Scope
Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) Market is segmented on basis of, product type, model, component, application and geographical regions.
Based on the product, Global market is segmented
- Industry-specific LIMS
- Broad-based LIMS
Based on the deployment model, Global market is segmented
Based on component, Global Market is segmented
Based on application,Global Market is segmented
- Pharma & Biotech Industry
- Research Institutions
- Food and Beverages Industry
Based on modules, Global Market is segmented
Laboratory information management systems which are developed by the producers may not be useful for all end users. Hence, LIMS producers offer customized solutions for the customers which are specifically tailored according to the requirement and budget of the user in order to help better return on investment (ROI). LIMS producers are developing multimodality systems able to integrate the entire process of hospitals, clinical laboratories, or clinics and help the end user to reduce operational costs. Increasing proliferation of smartphones, mobile solutions, e-services and point of care trend is expected to propel the usage of LIMS and thereby, increasing the growth of LIMS market.
Laboratory Information Management Systems Market is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and the Middle East & Africa, Latin America. North America market globally owing to the high adoption of advanced technologies along with efficient and safety management of data in healthcare laboratories. Europe holds a significant position in global Market due to increase in healthcare infrastructure and developments of IT sector. Owing to efficient developments and increasing healthcare expenditure in emerging countries like India, China, and Brazil are expected to fuel the growth of Market.
Some of the players in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) Market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), LabVantage Solutions, Inc. (U.S.), LabWare, Inc. (U.S.), Autoscribe Informatics (U.K.), Illumina, Inc. (Canada), Abbott Informatics (U.S.), LabLynx, Inc. (U.S.), and Computing Solutions, Inc. (U.S.).
- In 2017, March, Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired Core Informatics, a provider of a cloud based platform supporting scientific data.
- In January 2017, LabVantage Solutions launched LabVantage 8 Pharma, a solution which provides the pre-validated and pre-configured LIMS to the pharma industry.
- In April 2016, Illumina, Inc. introduced BaseSpace Suite, a complete suite of genomics software tools and solution to facilitate genomics research and precision medicine.
- In 2015 August, Illumina, Inc. acquired Genologics LIMS developer for life sciences organizations which has strengthened the portfolio of Illumina’s genetic analysis solution.
Laboratory Information Management Systems Market Report Outline:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2017-2023
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments, and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario