Global Skin Replacement Market:
The global skin replacement market estimated to be valued US$ 867.8 Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025 owing to increase in the prevalence of skin burns and wounds and adoption of skin replacement for skin burns and wounds and launch of new skin substitutes are expected to drive the growth of the market. Moreover, Favorable reimbursement policies fuels the growth of the market. However, high cost of treatment and limited number of skin donors or grafts available in the market are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
Digital disruption along with increasing penetration of 3D printing technology is expected to drive the skin replacement market
Burn injuries have been increased over the last few years. According to independent estimates, over 1.5 million population in the U.S. suffers from burn related skin loss each year. Similarly, in the United Kingdom approximately 175,000 report to emergency departments for the burn injuries and of these approximately 13,000 require hospital admissions. As a result, skin replacement product is expected to gain traction with innovative products being launched in the market including artificial skin. The industry will be further driven by increasing 3D printing technology in healthcare. Companies such as L’Oreal and Proctor & Gamble leverages 3D printing technology to develop artificial skin.
North America Holds Highest Market Revenue Share in Global Skin Replacement Market
North America accounted for larger revenue share in global skin replacement market with significant CAGR owing to surge in adoption of skin replacements in United States and presence of large number of market players and high investments in research and development of artificial skin and increasing disposable income and favorable reimbursement policies drives the growth of the market over the forecast period. Asia Pacific region is expected to grow with highest CAGR owing to attractive medical tourism packages. Europe is expected to grow at significant growth rate over the forecast years.
Key player’s profiles in the global skin replacement market include:
- Anika Therapeutics Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences
- Vericel Corporation
- Organogenesis Inc.
- MedSkin Solution Dr. Suwelack AG
- Mallinckrodt Plc.
- Upside Biotechnologies Ltd.
Global skin replacement market is surging owing to strategic collaborations and acquisitions and mergers among the market players to strengthen their position in the market. For instance, in In August 2018, Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition has announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement with Organogenesis Inc., under which Organogenesis will become a wholly owned subsidiary of AHPHAC.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global skin replacement market expanding at significant CAGR over 2018 to 2024 owing to launch of new products by the market players and rise in funding from the public and private sectors for the development of skin substitutes.
- Based on graft type, allografts segment skin replacement accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected to gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global skin replacement market
Global Skin Replacement Market Report Description:
Global skin replacement market report gives comprehensive outlook on skin replacement across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global skin replacement market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of graft type, indication type, end user, and region. This report studies global skin replacement market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global skin replacement market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global skin replacement market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global skin replacement market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global skin replacement products.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Graft Type
- Synthetic Skin
By Indication Type
By End User
- Dermal and Wound Care Clinics
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA