Vegetable Seeds Market Size and Overview:
The vegetable seeds market is expected to be valued at US$ 9,214.2 Mn in 2018 and growing at a CAGR of 9.6% over the forecast period to reach US$ 14,597.4 Mn by 2025 owing to increasing demand for vegetables over oilseed and grains. The vegetables such as tomato, cabbage, onion, water melon etc. crops have high demand for seeds during the season. Furthermore, commercial production of vegetables have created huge demand coupled with increasing awareness among the population regarding the benefits of vegetables over non-vegetarian products is expected to drive the growth of the market. For instance, in Asia Pacific region, the number of non-vegetarians has drastically fallen in the past decade owing to the benefits of the fresh vegetables that provides health benefits. The tomato seeds is the most marketed seeds in the FY 2018 that accounted share of more than 13.5% in the global vegetables seeds. However, the vegetable seeds are perishable in nature and availability of alternative seeds such as spurious seeds in the rural markets coupled with high costs incurred in R&D for the development of novel technology based seeds to enhance the production are the major factors anticipated to restrain the growth of the market.
Vegetable Seeds Market Report Description:
Global vegetable seeds market report gives comprehensive outlook on vegetable seeds across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global vegetable seeds market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of vegetable type and region. This report studies global vegetable seeds market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global vegetable seeds market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global allergy market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global vegetable seeds products.
Increasing demand for hybrid seeds drives the growth of the market
The demand for hybrid seeds has been drastically increased over the past decade due to the increased production obtained by the hybrid seeds when compared to the normal vegetable seeds. For instance, in India, the market for vegetable seeds is anticipated to double by 2025. According to ICRA, the hybrid seeds are expected to grow owing to increased use of hybrid seeds for vegetable crops coupled with the vegetable crops under biotech crops has been increased from 179 Mn hectares to 185 Mn hectares from 2015 to 2016 respectively. The developing countries are most depending on the hybrid seeds to increase the crop that is for commercial purpose.
North America Leads the Global Vegetable Seeds Market
North America leads the vegetable seeds market owing to increasing demand for vegetable seeds in the region. The market in North America is highly concentrated and about 85% of market share has been occupied by top 10 market players in the region. More number of farmers in the region has very less acres of land for the vegetable crops. Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow with highest CAGR over the forecast years owing to increasing demand for vegetables in the region coupled with increasing awareness about the benefits of vegetables and most of the seeds generates revenue in the tomato and cabbage category of vegetable crops. Only 20% of seeds are currently used by the farmers for superior quality in India and the rest 75% of demand if being created by saved seeds from previous season.
Key player’s profiled in the report include:
- Groupe Limagrain
- Syngenta International AG
- Rijk Zwaan
- Sakata Seed Corporation
- East-West Seed International
- Namdhari Seeds
- Takii & Co. Ltd.
- Advanta Seeds
- Bejo Zaden BV
- Enza Zaden BV
By Vegetable Type
- Sweet Pepper
- Chinese Cabbage
- Hot Pepper
- Sweet Corn
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global vegetable seeds market expanding at significant CAGR over 2018 to 2024 owing to rising demand for vegetable seeds in Asia Pacific and other parts of the globe.
- Based on region, North America accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market