Market Outline: Kidney Cancer Treatment Market
Kidney cancer also is known as renal cancer. It is the type of cancer which occurs in or affects the kidney. There are several types of kidney cancers among them renal cell carcinoma, urothelial carcinoma, lymphoma, sarcoma and wills tumour are main types. Renal cell carcinoma is most common type of kidney cancer and occupies about 85% of kidney cancers patients and occurs in adults. Wills tumour most commonly occurs in children.
Global kidney cancer treatment market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to the factors such as increase in prevalence of kidney cancer due to the lifestyle changes and increase in smoking and consuming alcohol. In addition, increase in geriatric population who are more prone to the kidney related diseases coupled with the increase in R&D support and investments by the government in screening of cancer and in development of new treatment of drugs. Furthermore, availability of kidney cancer treating drugs are low, it is likely to act as growth opportunity for development of new drug treatments for the treatment. However, high prices of available branded drugs for the treatment of kidney cancer and high R&D expenditure for the development of new drugs are expected to hinder the market growth over the forecast period.
Global kidney cancer treatment market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2017 to 2024.
Market Summary: Kidney Cancer Treatment Market
Global kidney cancer treatment market expected to grow at significant rates owing to the technological advancements in the treatment such as advent of ablation techniques and growing prevalence of cancer. Furthermore, market players in the global and local markets are expanding their product portfolio and geographical reach by various strategies such as acquisition, collaboration. For instance, in May 2016, BTG has acquired a cryoablation product manufacturer for the treatment and palliative care for kidney and other cancers, Galil Medical for about $84.5m. In addition, companies also focusing on the new product developments and R&D to expand its market share. For instance, in November 2017, UK-based EUSA Pharma and the USA’s AVEO Oncology has launched Fotivda (tivozanib) for the treatment of adult patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma in Germany.
Market Scope: Kidney Cancer Treatment Market
Melanoma treatment market is segmented based on treatment, class of drugs, distribution channel
Based on treatment, global market is segmented into
- Targeted Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Neurosurgical Treatments
- Radiofrequency ablation
Based on class of drugs, global market is segmented into
- mTOR Inhibitors
- Angiogenesis Inhibitors
- Monoclonal Antibodies
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Regional Analysis: Kidney Cancer Treatment Market
Geographically, global kidney cancer treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America kidney cancer treatment market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to the factors such as growing ageing population, lifestyle changes and growing smoking and intake of alcohol. Europe kidney cancer treatment market projected to witness notable growth over the forecast period due to growth in companies R&D investments in development of new drug treatments and recent product launches. Asia Pacific kidney cancer treatment market expected to have lucrative growth opportunity owing to the factors such as growing healthcare expenditure, and growing prevalence of the kidney cancer in the region.
- Pfizer Inc. (U.S.)
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc. (U.K.)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Hoffman-La Roche (Switzerland)
- EUSA Pharma (U.K.)
- BTG plc (U.K.)
Notable Market Developments:
- In December 2017, U.S. Food and Drug Administration has expended indication on Exelixis’s cabozantinib (Cabometyx), to treat patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market