Global Leukemia Treatment Market
By Leukemia Type (Chronic Leukemia, Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia, Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, Acute Leukemia, Acute Lymphatic Leukemia, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, and Others), By Therapy (Chemotherapy, Biological Therapy, Radiation Therapy, Targeted Therapy, and Other), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global leukemia treatment market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2017 and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2024
Market Outline: Leukemia Treatment Market
Abnormal white blood cells beginning in the bone marrow of blood forming tissues results in a group of cancers collectively called as Leukemia. Leukemia is a cancer of blood-forming tissues in the body. Treatment of leukemia is done by blood transfusion, immunotherapy, bone marrow transplantation, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, biological therapy, targeted therapy, stem cell transplant. The drugs that are available in the market include the following: Gleevec, Bosulif, Sprycel, Iclusig etc. Bosutinib, omapro, quizartinib, graspa, and marquibo among others are the pipeline drugs under clinical trials yet to be launched with a promising potential to treat leukemia with minimal side effects.
Leukemia Treatment Market Dynamics
The global leukemia treatment market is majorly driven by the increasing prevalance of the disease across the globe. Healthcare awareness among the people and rising research & development activities resulting in recent advancements of technology and therapeutics. The growth rate of the market also depends on the pipeline drugs which are major growth drivers for global leukemia therapeutics market in near future. The factors restraining the growth of the market include the high price of combination therapies and lack of access in developing and underdeveloped countries.
Market Summary: Leukemia Treatment Market
Based on the epidemiological factors, leukemia is forecasted to be more predominant in whites when compared to people of other racial or ethnic groups due to high incidence and mortality rates. Furthermore, exposure to radiation with genetic and environmental factors play a prominent role in increasing the prevalence of leukemia. Generally, men are more likely to develop leukemia than women. The risk of leukemia is majorly associated with age. The occurrence of leukemia is high in men and women aging over 66 years. Adults, both men and women normally aged in between 75 to 84 are more prevalent to the different types of leukemia such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, and chronic myeloid leukemia. The prevalent rate of acute lymphocytic leukemia is high among 1 to 4 year old children and it is nearly eight times more than the young adults aging 20 and 24.
Leukemia Treatment Market Segmentation
The Market segmentation based on the leukemia type,
- Chronic leukemia
- o Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia
- o Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Leukemia
- o Acute Lymphatic Leukemia
- o Acute Myeloid Leukemia
The Market segmentation based on therapy type
- Biological Therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy
Leukemia Treatment Market Regional Analysis
Geographically, global leukemia treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. US leukemia treatment market is growth driven by increase in the prevalence of leukemia. According to NIH the number of new cases of leukemia was 13.7 per 100,000 men and women per year. The number of deaths was 6.8 per 100,000 men and women per year. Almost 1.5 percent of men and women will be diagnosed with leukemia at some point during their lifetime, based on 2012-2014 data. In the year of 2014, there were an estimated 387,728 people living with leukemia in the United States. The government and non-government organizations programs like patient assistance are also expected to fuel the market growth.
Leukemia Treatment Market Leaders
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Novartis International AG.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Genzyme Corporation
- AbbVie Inc.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0