Global Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
By Product (Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals, Others), By Service (Transportation, Packaging), and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2017 and Forecast 2018 to 2024
Global pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over the 2018 to 2024.
Market Outline: Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
The cold chain logistics refers to the transportation of temperature sensitive products under controlled temperature from the place of manufacture to consumer, which needs a process of refrigeration, packaging and storage which is associated with equipment that maintains a temperature range. The demand of cold chain logistics is growing due to advantages like improvising the quality and shelf life of the products. The healthcare cold chain logistics play a vital role in the pharmaceutical industry. Many biopharmaceutical products and vaccines which require cold chains. The biopharmaceutical’s efficacy is majorly dependent on the temperature.
Market Dynamics: Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
Increase in R&D investments in biopharmaceutical industry, sales of temperature sensitive pharma and biopharma products are drive the growth of pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market. The stringent government regulations to maintain the desired storage conditions are expected to increase the pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market. The increased import and export activities between the countries expected to play a key role in the development of the market. The advancements in the technology in case of packaging is expected to boost the pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market. However, the high cost involved in the transportation, temperature fluctuations in the refrigerated transportation is expected to hinder the growth of the pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market.
Market Scope: Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
Pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market is segmented based on the product and service
Based on the product, the market is segmented into the following:
Based on the service, the market is segmented into the following:
- Road Transportation
- Railway Transportation
- Waterway Transportation
Regional Analysis: Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
Geographically, global pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America cold chain logistics market is expected to dominate the market due to adoption of advanced equipment in cold chain logistics. The developing countries are implementing regulations on the safety and health. India is focused on the improvement of storage infrastructure after increase in FDI limit by the government. The technological advancements in the developing countries are expected to offer enormous opportunities to the vendors in the Asia Pacific. The advanced healthcare infrastructure enables increase imports and exports using the pharmaceutical cold chain logistics.
Competition Assessment: Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
Some of the players in the global pharmaceutical cold chain logistics market include:
- DB Schenker (Germany)
- Swire Group (U.K)
- FedEx (U.S)
- Kuehne + Nagel (Switzerland)
- VersaCold Logistics Services (Canada)
- Lineage Logistics (U.S)
- Americold Logistics (U.S)
Notable Market Developments: Pharmaceutical Cold Chain Logistics Market
- In January 2018, DB Schenker collaborates with Ciscoo to reveal the internet of things (IoT).
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market