Thyroid Cancer Diagnostic Market
Thyroid cancer is a type of cancer that occurs when abnormal cell begin to grow in thyroid gland, responsible for the excretion of thyroid hormones. It is asymptotic in early stage and progresses with formation of lump in thyroid gland. If diagnosed in early stage it can be treated easily.
Market for thyroid cancer diagnostics driven by growing incidence of autoimmune diseases such as Grave’s disease and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Iodine deficiency is as a prime risk factor for the increase in prevalence of thyroid disorders, increase in incidences of thyroid diagnosis, which is expected to increase drive the market over the forecast period. Innovation and advancement in the testing technology and need for accurate diagnosis of thyroid cancer is also expected to boost the growth in the thyroid cancer diagnosis market.
By Test Type
- Radioiodine Scan
- Computed Tomography Scan
- MRI Scan
- PET Scan
- Blood Tests
- Other Tests
- Hospital Associated Labs
- Independent Diagnostic Labs
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Cancer Research Institutes
Thyroid cancer diagnostic market is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period owing to increasing prevalence of thyroid cancer and technological advancements are expected to boost the thyroid cancer diagnostic market. Imaging tests are mandatory in diagnosis and confirmation of thyroid cancer, imaging test market is expected to dominate the thyroid cancer diagnostic market over the forecast period. Biopsy is second important diagnostic tool in thyroid cancer diagnosis and expected to grow at significant rate over the forecast period. Diagnostic imaging sector has shown technological advances in last few years and is expected to grow in forecasted period. A positron emission tomography (PET) scan is latest technology in thyroid cancer diagnosis it takes 3-D color images that are used to determine spread of cancer.
Geographically, the global thyroid cancer diagnostic market is segmented into following regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global thyroid cancer diagnostic market and is expected to continue to do so over the forecast period while Asia Pacific and Africa is expected to grow at significant rate due to increase in incidences of thyroid cancer, government policies, patients awareness, advancement in healthcare infrastructure and focus of the government on curbing the various types of cancer is expected to boost the thyroid diagnostic market.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.,
- Siemens AG
- Bio Rad Laboratories Inc.
- GE Healthcare,
- Illumina, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market