Uveitis Pipeline Drugs
Uveitis Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Uveitis refers to the inflammation of uvea which is the middle layer of the eyeball. This may occur from either infectious or non-infectious cause. Retina is the sensitive part of the eye, uvea supplies blood to retina. Usually, uveitis is not serious, but if it is untreated may lead to vision loss. Symptoms may include, redness of eye, pain, dark floating spots on vision, blurred vision and others.
There are many possible causes for uveitis including, entry of toxic substances and autoimmune diseases also lead to uveitis. Diagnosis is through the normal eye examination and treatment is given for the underlying diseases if any. Usually, corticosteroid eye drops are suggested to fight against the inflammation. Further, if not work oral or parenteral drugs may be given.
By route of administration, Uveitis pipeline drugs are segmented into
By Trial Phase, Uveitis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
By company, Uveitis pipeline drugs are segmented into
- Apitope International (Ukraine)
- pSivida (U.S.)
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Charlesson, LLC. (U.S.)
- Enzo Biochem, Inc. (U.S.)
- Mitotech SA (Luxembourg)
- EyeGate Pharmaceuticals Inc (U.S.)
- Galapagos NV (Belgium)
Various advanced technologies in the molecular and cellular levels are driving the development of uveitis pipeline drugs. Researchers and manufacturing companies are using the various promising targets for uveitis treatment. Targeted therapy found to be more effective in treatment. Other possible targets are to slow the progression of the disease and relieving the symptoms. Many of the companies are collaborating in development of novel therapies for the treatment of uveitis.
- In July 2017, Galapagos announced a new phase II study investigating filgotinib in non-infectious uveitis, being led by filgotinib collaboration partner Gilead Sciences. The phase II study will be a multi-center, randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study to assess the safety and efficacy of filgotinib in adult patients with active, non-infectious uveitis.
- In June 2017, pSivida Corp. announced the Company’s second Phase 3 trial of Durasert three-year treatment for posterior segment uveitis achieved the trial’s primary endpoint and results found to be positive.
Uveitis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Uveitis treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Uveitis disease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Uveitis Disease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges, and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Uveitis disease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis of each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases