Africa animal feed market report gives a comprehensive outlook on animal feed market across the Africa with special emphasis on African countries such as Angola, Botswana, Congo (DR), Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Kenya. The report on Africa animal feed market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) and market volume (‘000 MT) on the basis of feed type, animal type, and country. This report studies dynamics elaborately to indentify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, report includes competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the countries (Country Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Species/Feed Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the Africa animal feed market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and veterinary healthcare service providers, who engaged in manufacturing and supply of Africa animal feed products.
Africa animal feed market estimated to be valued USD 17,697.1 Mn in 2017 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2018-2023. Africa animal feed market projected to reach USD 37,594.5 Mn by 2023 due to surge in the consumption of meat and other animal protein products and increase in the production of animal feed in African countries.
Surge in the consumption of meat and other animal protein products
Increase in consumption of meat and other animal protein products for dietary needs coupled with rising population in African countries expected to fuel the market for animal feed products over the forecast period. Apart from aforementioned dynamics, factors like increased instances of animal disease outbreaks and large scale production of animals in the form of factory farming expected to boost the Africa animal feed market. Moreover, favorable government policies to enhance the livestock production, rising demand for quality animal meat, and increased investments by the companies are expected to fuel the Africa animal feed market.
Increase in the production of animal feed products in African countries
Surge in the production of animal feed in Africa region due to availability of raw materials is expected to drive the Africa animal feed market over the forecast years. For instance, Africa’s maize usage by animal feed industries is approximately 32 Mn tons in 2017, which is 6% higher than previous seasons. Animal feed usage is consistently growing in the North Africa, majorly in Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia. Moreover, growing number of feed mills plays a vital role in feed production in Africa region.
South Africa accounts for larger market revenue share
South Africa accounted for larger revenue share in Africa animal feed market with moderate CAGR. Increase in the local production of animal feed, for instance, approximately 70% of fishmeal used in animal feeds are produced in South Africa driving the market revenue growth in the country. Kenya market projected to grow at significant rate owing large pool of livestock population coupled with increased incidences of several livestock diseases. Mauritius animal feed market projected to reach US$ 149.4 Mn by 2023 owing to increase in the adoption of livestock animals. However, increase in the demand for quality raw materials, commercial compounded feed expected to drive the market in Tanzania.
- Cargill, Inc. (U.S)
- Nutreco N.V. (Netherlands)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands)
- Novus International (U.S)
- Biomin Holding GmbH (Austria)
Africa animal feed Market is consolidating in nature as large players complementing each other’s businesses by means of mergers and acquisitions. For instance, in July 2016, Nutreco N.V acquired African feed premix and feed additive company Advit for strengthening of animal feed business in South Africa. Moreover, players in the Africa animal feed market coming up establishment of modern feed mills to garner larger market revenue share. For instance, in January 2017, Feedmaster, a local animal feed producer in Namibia started the construction of state-of-art mill with N$ 31 Mn to produce approximately 140,000 tons of feed per year.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Africa animal feed market expanding at 13.4% CAGR over 2018 to 2023 to reach market value of USD 37,594.5 Million by 2023 owing to increasing meat consumption
- Based on Feed type medicated feed accounted for larger market revenue share in 2017 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Farm animals segment garnered larger revenue share in Africa 2017 owing to increased livestock industries in African countries
- Players focusing on mergers and acquisitions to retain market position in Africa animal feed market
By Feed Type
- Medicated Feed
- Broilers Medicated Feed
- Layers Medicated Feed
- Dairy Medicated Feed
- Beef Medicated Feed
- Swine Medicated Feed
- Others Medicated Feed
- Non-medicated Feed
- Broilers Non-medicated Feed
- Layers Non-medicated Feed
- Dairy Non-medicated Feed
- Beef non-medicated Feed
- Swine Non-medicated Feed
- Others Non-medicated Feed
By Animal Type
- Farm Animals
- Congo (DR)
- South Africa
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market