Global Alcoholic Beverages Market
Global alcoholic beverages market was valued at US$ 1,200 Bn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024
Alcoholic beverages are the fermented liquor with ethyl alcohol (alcohol) content in it. Alcoholic beverages are derived through the fermentation process. The ethanol or the ethyl alcohol is produced by the natural procedure in which the yeast converts sugar contained in the fruits, sugar-cane, and grains. The alcoholic beverages contain ethanol or ethyl alcohol in varied amount. These beverages are of three classes which include beer, wine, and spirit.
The soaring urban population with increasing disposable income is the key factor influencing the growth of the alcoholic beverages market. The change in the lifestyles owing to the hectic work schedules, continuous launch of new products with added flavors is driving the consumer preference, which is expected to drive the growth of the market. Some of the factors such as limited consumption of the alcohol is playing a vital role in the minimal risk of the cardiovascular diseases which is likely to enrich the growth of the alcoholic beverage market. However, the adverse effects mainly in the young adults is likely to restrain the growth of the alcoholic beverage market. According to the WHO, in the year 2014, there were approximately 3.3 million deaths owing to higher consumption of the alcohol. The higher cost of the premium products is another factor restraining the growth of the market.
Alcoholic beverages market is segmented based on the product type, and distribution channel
Based on the product type, the market is segmented into the following:
- Distilled Spirits
Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into the following:
- Retail Stores
Geographically, global alcoholic beverages market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Europe alcoholic beverages market is the largest market when compared with that of the regions of North America and the Asia Pacific. The Asia Pacific trails Europe and North America owing to its increasing customer base in the emerging countries such as India, China, and Japan. China holds the largest share in the Asia Pacific region for its alcoholic beverages market. The Asia Pacific holds the prominent position due to rising urbanization. North America is considered to be matured market with the minimal increase in its market growth.
Some of the players in the global alcoholic beverages market include:
- Diageo Plc (U.S)
- Carlsberg A/S (Denmark)
- Brown-Forman Corporation (U.S)
- Craft Brew Alliance Inc. (U.S)
- Suntory Holdings Ltd (Japan)
- Bacardi Limited (Bermuda)
- Heineken Holding N.V. (Netherlands)
- Molson Coors Brewing Co. (U.S)
- Asahi Group Holdings Ltd (Japan)
Notable Market Developments:
- In June 2017, Diageo has acquired super-premium tequila Casamigos in order to strengthen its presence in the tequila category.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market