Global Antithrombin Market
By Source (Goat Milk, Human, Others), By Application (Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Research), By Dosage form (Liquid, Lyophilized), By End User (Blood Banks, Diagnostic Centres, Hospitals), By Geography (Latin America, North America, Asia- Pacific, the Middle East & Africa and Europe) – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013 to 2016 and Forecast 2017 to 2024
Antithrombin is protein molecule which inactivates various enzymes of coagulation system. It is produced by liver, consists of 432 amino acids. It consists of three disulphide bonds and four glycosylation sites. α-Antithrombin is most common antithrombin form found in blood plasma. Antithrombin shows synergistic activity with heparin, that enhances the antithrombin binding with Thrombin (factor II a) and Factor Xa.
Market Dynamics: Antithrombin Market
Wide range of antithrombin applications for various medical conditions like disseminated intravascular coagulation, hereditary antithrombin deficiency, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, increased clinical significance of engineered antithrombin in prevention of late peripartum and perioperative blood clots are expected to drive the revenue growth of antithrombin market across the globe. Furthermore, increase in prevalence of blood clotting related disorders, growing geriatric population is expected to propel the antihrombin market. However, high cost of antithrombin products, lack of awareness, risks related with blood and blood related products expected to dampen the growth of antithrombin market.
Market Scope: Antithrombin Market
The antithrombin market is classified on the basis of source, application, dosage form end user and regions.
Based on source, market is segmented as
- Goat Milk
Based on application, market is segmented as
Based on dosage form, market is segmented as
Based on End User, Market is segmented as
- Blood Banks
- Diagnostic Centres
Based on Region, Market is segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
Market Summary: Antithrombin Market
Rise in usage of heparin and antithrombin combination is the major driving factor for the growth of antithrombin market. For example, heparin resistance cardiac surgery is providing many opportunities for use of antithrombin product in anticoagulation therapy. Antithrobin market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of well-established players. The market is dominated by few players with large economic share. Market players focused on many growth strategies like mergers and acquisitions, new product launches to increase the product portfolio, to strengthen geographical presence.
Regional Analysis: Antithrombin Market
Geographically antithrombin market is segmented as Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and The Middle East and Africa. North America is leading market in global antithrombin market followed by Europe. U.S. expected account for major revenue share in North America antithrombin market owing to technological advancements, increase in prevalence of blood clotting disorders, well established healthcare infrastructure. In Europe, Germany, UK and France are leading countries in antithrombin market due to favourable insurance coverages, increase in government initiatives, presence of well-established players. Asia Pacific antithrombin market is expected to offer enormous growth opportunities due to increase investments by global players, rise in disposable incomes, increasing awareness regarding blood clotting disorders, initiatives taken by governments.
Competition Assessment: Antithrombin Market
Some of the players in antithrombin market are
- Grifols (Spain)
- rEVO Biologics, Inc. (U.S.)
- Kedrion S.p.A (Italy)
- CSL Limited (Australia)
- Scripps Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.)
- Lee Bisolutions, Inc. (U.S.)
- Dem ilac, Inc. (U.S.)
- Diapharma Group, Inc.(U.S.)
- Octapharma AG (Switzerland)
Notable Market Developments: Antithrombin Market
- In April 2014, Revo Biologics started preserve – 1 phase III clinical trials of ATryn (recombinant antithrombin) for treatment of preeclampsia in pregnant women during 24th to 28th weeks of pregnancy.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2016) and forecast (2017 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market