Market Outline: Global Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
Breast cancer is characterized by the abnormal multiplication of the breast cells that will form lumps that may be nonmalignant or malignant in nature. Such abnormal breast cells usually form tumors that may often observe on x-ray. Breast cancer occurs commonly in woman above 40 years of age and often it can be seen in men also. For the early detection of the lumps or lesions, various methods are used. Breast lesion localization methods are used to detect the nonpalatable suspicious breast lesions during the biopsy.
Market dynamics: Global Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
The advent of the novel technologies in breast localization methods such as electromagnetic reflectors and magnetic trackers and prevalence of the breast cancer worldwide are driving the breast lesion localization methods market. In addition, increase in awareness about the early detection of breast cancer due to the different awareness campaigns and initiatives were taken by respective government and nonprofit organizations such as Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, American Cancer Society, and World Health Organization (WHO) expected to boost the market growth further. Moreover, favorable reimbursement policies in developed countries coupled with the rising demand for the better healthcare infrastructure globally projected to bolster the market growth over the forecast period. However, stringent regulatory approvals and high cost of the devices anticipated to hamper the global breast lesion localization market over the coming years.
Market Summary: Global Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
Breast lesion localization methods market is growing at significant rates owing to the rise in prevalence of the breast cancer. According to GLOBOCAN 2012 data, breast cancer is the second most common cancer worldwide, accounting 11.9% cancer cases globally. An estimated, 1.7 million new cases were diagnosed in 2012. Companies operating in the global market are focusing on the development of the new technologies to increase their market share. For instance, Cianna Medical Inc. has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its SAVI SCOUT radar localization system. SAVI SCOUT is an integral part of SCOUT system for integral localization. Furthermore, companies also adopting the acquisitions and mergers to strengthen their product portfolio and market position. For instance, in September 2016, Argon Medical Inc. acquired soft tissue biopsy instruments manufacturer, Promex Technologies, LLC to strengthen its portfolio in soft tissue biopsy instruments including breast localization needles.
Market Scope: Global Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
Global market is segmented based on technology, end user, and geography
Based on technology, the market is segmented into
- Radio Isotope Localization
- Radio Isotope Seed Localization (RSL)
- Radio Occult Lesion Localization (ROLL)
- Wire Guided localization
- Magnetic Tracker
Based on end user, the market is segmented into
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC’s)
Based on region, the market is segmented into
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Regional Analysis: Global Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
Geographically breast lesion localization methods market is divided into five key regions, i.e. North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America breast lesion localization methods market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to lifestyle changes and the rise in the prevalence rates of breast cancer. Furthermore, established healthcare infrastructure and growing awareness related to the early detection of cancer are expected to boost the market growth in North America region. Europe breast lesion localization methods market is projected to grow t high rates owing to the increase in incident rates of breast cancer and advancements in technology. According to the GLOBOCAN 2008 report by WHO, the incident rates of breast cancer is 89.7 per 100,000 women in Western Europe, which is highest incident rate in the world. Asia Pacific breast lesion localization methods market is expected to have lucrative growth opportunity due to developing healthcare infrastructure and rise in breast cancer cases. Furthermore, rise in disposable income, growing awareness regarding early detection of cancer.
- Cianna Medical, Inc. (U.S.)
- STERYLAB (Italy)
- Cook Group Inc. (U.S.)
- SOMATEX Medical Technologies GmbH (Germany)
- CP Medical, Inc. (Theragenics Corporation) (U.S.)
- C.R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.)
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc. (ACI Medical Devices, Inc.) (U.S.)
- Faxitron, Inc. (Faxitron Bioptics, LLC) (U.S.)
- Endomagnetics Limited. (UK)
Notable Market Developments:
- In May 2017, U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Localizer radio frequency identification lesion localization system of Faxitron, Inc.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market