Chlamydia Infection Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis, and it can be transmitted to baby at birth. chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market usually doesn’t have any symptoms but often infected may have symptoms such as genital pain and genital discharge both in men and women. Furthermore, chlamydia infection can cause health complications such as preventing women from getting pregnant or even endangering their pregnancies. Some people may experience pain in lower abdomen, pelvis, testicle or vagina and may also have eye discharge or spotting. Treatment may include antibiotics, anti-inflammatory agents, and hospital stay may be required.
Global chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market is mainly driven by an increase in prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases worldwide. Furthermore, emergence of rapid test and advances in biotechnology are expected to boost the chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market. In addition, increase in R&D activities towards development of therapeutics for antibiotic-resistant bacteria and initiatives by government and non-government agencies (such as World Health Organization (WHO) to increase awareness about STD’s and their symptoms are expected to bolster the chlamydia diagnostics and therapeutics market during the forecast period. However, high cost of development, stringent regulatory procedures for the approval and bacterial drug resistance is expected to hamper the chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market.
Global market is segmented into diagnostics, therapeutics type, and end user type
Based on diagnostics, market is segmented into
- Direct Fluorescent Tests
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests
Based on therapeutics, market is segmented into
Based on end user, market is segmented into
- Hospitals and Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Based on geography, market is segmented into
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Global chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market is growing at significant rates owing to prevalence rate of sexually transmitted diseases. According to World Health Organization (WHO), worldwide, more than one million sexually transmitted infections are acquired every day. Each year, an estimate of 131 million new cases of chlamydia infection are reported. Companies are focusing on the development of the new ways to detect chlamydia infection in initial stages. For instance, in December 2016, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG launched cobas 6800/8800 systems for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria Gonorrhoea (NG) DNA.
Geographically, chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market is segmented into Latin America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, North America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to well-established healthcare infrastructure, presence of more number of market players and increase in awareness in related to early detection and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. According to Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2014, a total number of 1,441,789 chlamydia infections were reported to CDC in 50 states and District of Columbia in the United States. Europe chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market is expected to grow at notable rates owing to factors such as developed healthcare infrastructure and growing awareness related to STI’s. Asia Pacific market growth is attributed to developing infrastructure and prevalence of the chlamydia sexually transmitted diseases. According to World Health Organization, “Global incidence and prevalence of selected curable sexually transmitted infections – 2008”, in South East Asia region estimated that 8 million adults were infected with Chlamydia in 2008.
Some of the players in chlamydia infection diagnostics and therapeutics market are Novartis AG (Switzerland), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland), The Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Abbott Laboratories (U.S.), bioMérieux (France), Siemens AG (Germany), DiaSorin SpA (Italy), Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.), and Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.)
- In October 2016, Becton Dickinson and Company (BD) received U.S. FDA approval for BD Max Vaginal Panel, for detection of most common causes of vaginal infections including chlamydia trichomoniasis.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2016) and forecast (2017 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market