Global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
By Test Type (Antenatal testing, Carrier testing, Sweat tests, CFTR-Related Metabolic Syndrome (CRMS), Newborn screening, Prenatal screening), by Product Type (Diagnostic Kits, Reagents, and Others) End User (Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers)and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics market was valued at US $ XX Mn in 2017 and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024
Market Outline: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a chronic, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time. Several mutations in the gene is responsible for Cystic fibrosis that encodes cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) protein. Patients with CF have inherited two copies of the defective CF gene — one copy from each parent. Both parents must have at least one copy of the defective gene. Currently there are approximately 70,000 people who are suffering from cystic fibrosis worldwide, according to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF). Some of the popular methods of diagnosis are antenatal testing, carrier testing, and other tests such as genetic tests and sweat tests.
Market Dynamics: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
According to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the incidence of these hereditary disorders is constantly growing. The nonprofit organizations are investing huge amount of funds to find various therapeutics for CF and to support the research & developmental activities. The major driver for the market is improved diagnostic technologies. Increase in investment and awareness about genetic diseases are aiding in development of diagnostic technologies, which will fuel the market growth. The high cost of the drugs and treatment may hamper the growth of the market.
Market Scope: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics market is segmented based on the product type, test type
The market is segmented into the following based on test type:
- Antenatal Testing
- Carrier Testing
- Sweat Tests
- CFTR-Related Metabolic Syndrome (CRMS)
- Newborn Screening
- Prenatal Screening
The market is segmented into the following based on product type:
- Diagnostic Kits
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic centers
Market Summary: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
The global cystic fibrosis diagnostics market is expected to witness tremendous growth. Novel diagnostic tools for cystic fibrosis are being developed. The scientists at Stanford University, have developed a DNA test for the accurate and comprehensive screening of newborns for cystic fibrosis. By this test the next-generation DNA sequencing can be identified and this test is considered to be less expensive and less time-consuming technology.
Regional Analysis: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
Geographically, global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The higher incidence rate of cystic fibrosis is observed in North America. The median age of the person with cystic fibrosis is currently 33.4 years according cystic fibrosis foundation’s national patient registry. Followed by the North America is the European region which has more affected population with cystic fibrosis. Out of this affected population, 51.8% were adults and 48.2% were less than 18 years old. Whereas the birth prevalence of CF is higher in United Kingdom, Ireland, Romania, and Bulgaria. When it comes to the Asian region, the prevalence of cystic fibrosis is seen to be very low. The Middle East and Africa holds the lowest share in the market, especially countries in the African region
Competition Assessment: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
Some of the players in the global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics market include:
- Asper Biogene
- Natera, Inc.
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- Luminex Corporation
- Appolon Bioteck
- Arazy Group
- Illumina Inc.
Notable Market Developments: Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Diagnostics Market
- In February 2018, Luminex’s xTAG Cystic Fibrosis 71 Kit v2 was approved for sale with LICENSALE.COM in Brazil.
- In March 2017, Elucigene Diagnostics announced the official launch of new CF-Italia kit (CF1ITB1).
- In April 2017, Elucigene Diagnostics partnered with Southern Cross Diagnostics in order to expand in Australia and New Zealand markets
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (the USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentian, Venezula, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market