Market Outline: Global Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Injection Market
Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate injection is a contraceptive injection. It is similar to the hormone called progesterone, which is produced in the body by the ovaries. The contraceptive injection mainly works by stopping the ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation). The contraceptive injections are much more effective than oral one. Their effectiveness ranges from 94% to 99%. These injections are taken after every twelve week time period.
Market Dynamics: Global Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Injection Market
The factors which are streaming the growth of this market are growing awareness among urban young woman, who are intended postpone pregnancy, increase in disposable income in developing countries and growing middle class population in emerging countries, and increasing collaboration between public, private, and non-governmental organization effectively helping to improve the access to medication in resource constrained and underdeveloped countries.
However, lack of resources such as trained nurses or healthcare professionals and infrastructure to administer injectable contraceptives in several developing and underdeveloped countries may hinder the growth of the market over forecast period. Also, availability of alternative contraceptive methods such as condoms, IUCDs, oral contraceptives may also restrain the market growth.
Market Scope: Global Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Injection Market
Based on the type, market is segmented into the following:
- Generic Prescriptions
Based on the end user, market is segmented into the following:
Regional Analysis: Global Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Injection Market
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
North America dominates the global depot medroxyprogesterone acetate injection market followed by Europe. However, Asia Pacific and Africa markets are projected to grow with a high CAGR owing to increase in awareness about the advanced methods of contraception and active involvement of government and NGO agencies to promote advanced methods of contraception.
Competition Assessment: Global Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Injection Market
Some of the players in the global depot medroxyprogesterone acetate injection market include:
- Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Mylan Laboratories
Notable Market Developments: Global Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Injection Market
Pfizer Inc., collaborated with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) to broaden the access to Pfizer’s all-in-one injectable contraceptive “Sayana Press” which will be available to qualified purchasers at a guaranteed price of US $0.85 per dose, to help the females in poor countries.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market