Endometriosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Endometriosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment
Endometriosis is a condition in which the inner ling of uterus develops outside of uterus. Endometriosis is often painful and most commonly involves fallopian tubes, ovaries,and tissue that lining the pelvis. But, rarely endometriosis spreadsbeyond the pelvic organs. Exact cause of endometriosis is not known. Possible causes may be retrograde menstruation, embryonic cell transformation, surgical scar implantation, transformation of peritoneal cells or may be immune system disorders.
Endometriosis generally diagnosed by pelvic exam, ultrasound or through laparoscopy. Endometriosis treated with medications or surgery. Generally medications are preferred over surgical procedure. Medications include NSAIDs to manage pain, and hormones.
By route of administration, endometriosis pipeline drugs are segmented into
By Trial Phase, Endometriosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- Preclinical Trials
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
By Company, Endometriosis pipeline drugs are segmented as:
- AbbVie Inc. (U.S.)
- ObsEva (Switzerland)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Repros Therapeutics Inc. (U.S.)
Many of the companies are focused on the treatment of pain management associated with the endometriosis. Furthermore, companies are adopting collaborations to develop the new drugs for the treatment of endometriosis. For instance, In October 2012, Evotec AG and Bayer AG entered into five-yearmulti-target collaboration to develop clinical candidates for treatment of endometriosis. In July 2017, companies have announced extension of its alliance toend of 2018 along with milestone payment by Bayer AG. In addition, composition patent of Lupron is going to expire in 2019 and it may open gateway for the generic entry.
- In November 2017, Abbive Inc. announced detailed results from two replicate phase 3 clinical studies evaluating the long-termefficiency and safety of elagolix, orally administered gonadotrophin-releasinghormone being evaluated for endometriosis associated with pain. The results found to be positive and the results, and other additional abstracts, were presented at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Scientific Congress & Expo (ASRM) in San Antonio,
- In November 2017, ObsEva SA announcedcompletion of patient recruitment of Phase 2b EDELWEISS clinical trial of itaGnRHreceptor antagonist, OBE2109 for the treatment of pain associated with endometriosis.
Endometriosis Disease Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for Endometriosis treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the Endometriosis disease pipeline drugs development. This report studies the dynamics of the Endometriosis Disease Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges,and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on Endometriosis disease pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis of each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases