Global Dialysis Equipment Market Report Description:
The Report gives the comprehensive outlook on dialysis equipment market share across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa (MEA). This report gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) of type, application, component, end-user and geographic regions. This report studies dialysis equipment market dynamics to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, the market report includes regulatory scenario and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (Regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policymakers engaged in manufacturing and supply of dialysis equipment.
Dialysis Equipment Market Size is estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2016 and expanding at a growth rate over 6.0%, and projected to reach US$ XX Mn by 2023.
Dialysis equipment market growth opportunities
Increased prevalence of renal failure has expected to witness huge demand for market. The gradual increase in prevalence of end-stage renal failure (ESRD) is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market players. As per, National Kidney Foundation, 10% of the global population suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD), and millions die due to unable to access treatment. According to, Global Burden of Disease Study 2010, CKD was ranked 27 the list of total deaths in 1990 but reached to 18 th in 2010. Mounting the number of ESRD patients enables to drive the market.
Emerging countries expected to create healthy growth opportunities for the market. About 80% of dialysis patients are old aged people. Rising geriatric population is the prime factor to develop kidney related disorders. It is estimated that the number of kidney failure cases expected to increase in developing countries, such as China, Japan and India, due to a number of geriatric population is high. As per estimates, China spends more than US$ 558 bn over the next decade due to cardiac diseases and kidney diseases. The high cost of treatment, limited skilled professionals, less reimbursement are expected to hamper the dialysis equipment market.
Does dialysis patient get reimbursement?
Favorable government reimbursements in advanced countries make the dialysis affordable to patients. As per, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, section 1881(b) (14) of the social securities act requires a prospective payment system for renal dialysis services furnished to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries for treatment of ESRD from 01 January 2011. ESRD PPS provides facility level and patient level per treatment payment to ESRD patients. This includes laboratory services, drugs, supplies and other costs for maintenance of dialysis.
Global Dialysis Machine Market Leaders include:
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. (Germany)
- Gambro (Sweden)
- Nipro (Japan)
- SWS Hemodialysis Care Co., Ltd. (China)
- Allmed Medical Care Holdings Limited. (UK)
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co. (Japan)
- Biolight Co., Ltd (China)
- DEKA Research (U.S)
- Dialife SA (Switzerland)
- ESCO Medicon (Australia)
- Landwind Medical Co. Ltd (China)
- MEDICA (U.S)
- NxStage Medical, Inc. (U.S)
- Toray Industries, Inc. (Japan)
- Chengdu Wesley Biotech Co., Ltd (China)
Key Findings of the Report:
- Dialysis Equipment market is expanding at 6.0% CAGR over 2017 to 2023 to reach market value of US$ XX Mn by 2023
- Based on Product, hemodialysis equipment market is expected to hold major share over the forecast period.
- Based on region type, North America is expected to account for major market share.
- Hospitals are prime channel for distribution across the globe
- Players focusing on expanding geographic presence to garner market opportunities in developing economies
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market.
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario