Global Edible Insects Market Report Description: End-Use Industries
Global Edible Insects market report gives comprehensive outlook on use of edible insects across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product type, insect type, Application and region. This report studies global edible insects market dynamics elaborately to indentify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global edible insects market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global edible insects products.
Global Edible Insects Market:
global edible insects market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025 due to rise in population and increase in demand for the environmental friendly proteinaceous food. Moreover, increasing awareness regarding insect food, changing attitudes towards insects, increasing consciousness towards healthy and protein rich food by the consumers and the less area requirement for the larger quantity and less efforts in farming are the major factors that are driving the growth of the global edible insects market over the forecast timeframe.
Increase in Population
Increase in Population is a key factor that drive the global edible insects market. Nowadays due to increase in population, the demand for quality and protein rich food is getting increased. According to United Nations organization, the world population is projected to increase by more than one billion people within the next 15 years, reaching 8.5 billion in 2030, and to increase further to 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100. As the population increases, the demand for food will increase. Moreover, the consumption of unhealthy foods, increasing familiarity with the insect food are major factors that are driving the growth of the industry and global edible insects market over the forecast period.
North America Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Edible Insects Market
North America accounted for larger revenue share in global edible insects market with significant CAGR. Increasing population, increase in demand for protein rich food, increase in awareness regarding the food habits, increase in awareness regarding the benefits of taking insect food, increase in insect harvesting and presence of more number of insect food manufacturers are anticipated to propel the market. Asia Pacific edible insects market projected to grow at a significant rate owing to increasing population density, urbanization, increase in demand for food, lower cost of production, increase in dependency on edible insects, the availability of various edible insect types.
- Kreca Ento-Food Bv (A Proti-Farm Company)
- Thailand Unique
- Entomo Farms
- Haocheng Mealworm Inc.
- Global Bugs Asia Co. Ltd.
- AgriProtein Holdings Ltd
- JIMINI`S (Entomo Ltd)
- Enorm ApS
- Chapul Inc.
- Hargol Food Tech
- Aspire Food Group
- All Things Bugs, LLC
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global edible insects market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to increase in the standards of living and rapid industrialization.
- Based on insect type, beetles based products accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global edible insects market.
By Product Type
- Whole Insect
- Insect Powder
- Insect Meal
By Insect type
- Scale Insects
- True Bugs
- Human Consumption
- Animal Feed
- Cosmetics and Pharmaceutical
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market