Hepatitis B Virus Testing Market:
Increase in liver cancer cases, growing aging population, healthcare spending and urbanization. leading to better monitoring and screening procedures. In addition, government initiatives in growing awareness in public, increase in R&D spending by companies and growing demand for bio marker tests due to its accuracy expected to boost the hepatitis B virus testing market during the forecast period. However, factors such as lack of awareness in developing countries, stringent regulatory rules, rigid competition and high cost of testing are expected to hamper the hepatitis B virus testing market over the forecast period.
Hepatitis B is a liver disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus (HBV). Hepatitis B viral infection ranges can form mild infection which last few weeks and a chronic infection that may lead to liver disorders and even death. Hepatitis B is one of the global health problem. Hepatitis B can cause chronic infection and puts people at high risk of death from cirrhosis and liver cancer. The virus is transmitted through contact with the blood or other body fluids of an infected person. According to World Health Organization, 257 Mn people are living with hepatitis B virus infection worldwide and in 2015, 887 000 hepatitis B resulted deaths.
The global hepatitis B virus testing market is classified on the basis of test type, technique end use, and geography.
Based on test type, the global hepatitis B virus testing market is segmented into the following:
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Test (HBsAg)
- Anti-hepatitis B Surface Antibody Test
- Hepatitis B Core Antigen Test (HBcAb)
- Anti-hepatitis B Core Antibody Test
- HBV DNA Test
Based on techniques, the global hepatitis B virus testing market is segmented into the following:
- Radioimmunoassay (RIA)
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
Based on end-user type, the global hepatitis B virus testing market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic Centers
Currently, more than 13 immunoassays are available to diagnose hepatitis B virus at an early stage. They can also be used to distinguish acute and chronic hepatitis B infections. Many governments in the European countries and the US made it mandatory for the people to go through the screening and proper monitoring since hepatitis B takes the time to develop and is not easily recognizable. There are some curative therapies available but they are not very efficient. It is expected that many innovative therapies which have shown positive results in trials will occupy the market in the coming years. Many companies have products related to hepatitis B in their pipeline. Vendors are developing devices and systems that help integrate laboratory applications. For instance, in 2010 the COBAS 6000 modular platform by Roche Diagnostics offers optimum efficiency and consolidation in medium- and high-volume laboratories.
Geographically, hepatitis B virus testing market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and The Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the hepatitis B therapeutics market owing to the high awareness levels, availability of improved infrastructure, and favourable government initiatives relating to the promotion of hepatitis B therapeutics. Europe is the second largest market for hepatitis B therapeutics driven by rising geriatric population, high rates of chronic infections in Central and Eastern Europe e European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) estimates an overall hepatitis B incidence of 1.49 per 100 000, prevalence of hepatitis B is the highest in Middle East & Africa where adult population is chronically infected. According to World Health Organization (WHO), 2% to 5% of population is affected with hepatitis B virus in Asia Pacific region. And most people die with liver diseases.
Some of the players hepatitis B virus testing market are Onsite Lab Holding AG (MedMira Inc.) (Switzerland), F. Hoffmann-La Roche (Switzerland), Abbott Laboratories (USA), Siemens AG (Siemens Healthcare GmbH) (Germany), Fisher Bioblock Bolding (Thermo Fisher Scientific) (France), Innovita biological technology Co. Ltd. (China), General Biologicals Corporation (Taiwan), Nantong Diagnos Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (China), Blue Cross Bio-Medical (China) Co. Ltd., BioGenex (U.S.), and Abnova Corporation (U.S.) among others.
- In October 2011, Roche received Premarket Approval from USFDA for its IgM antibody to hepatitis B core antigen (Anti-HBc IgM) assay for use on the Cobas e 601 analyzers, the immunoassay module of the Cobas 6000 (hepatitis B test) analyzer
- In September 2010, Abbott received USFDA approval for its RealTime HBV assay, first and only test approved test capable of automating HBV viral load testing
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share and forecast from 2017-2024
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario