Global Pancreatic Cancer Diagnostics Market
Pancreatic cancer will begin in tissues of pancreas. Pancreas secretes enzymes which helps in the digestion and manage blood sugar levels. pancreatic cancer diagnostics market rapidly spreads to the nearby organs. Often it can be diagnosed at early stages in people with pancreatic cyst or family history of pancreatic cancer. Most common sign of pancreatic cancer is diabetes which occurs along with loss of weight, pain in the upper abdomen and that spreads to the back.
Pancreatic Cancer Diagnostics Market Dynamics:
Increasing prevalence of pancreatic cancer is expected to accelerate the growth of pancreatic cancer diagnostics market. According World Cancer Research Fund International, pancreatic cancer is the 12th most common cancer, and it has estimated that about 3, 38,000 cases were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012. Moreover, Growing awareness and concern about the disease, increase in healthcare expenditure, technological advancements and innovation of new products, large number of unmet needs related to disease are the few factors which are expected to fuel the growth of pancreatic cancer diagnostics market. However, limited options for treatment, inaccurate and inadequate results of the diagnosis, high cost associated with the tests are major restraints of pancreatic cancer diagnostics market.
Technologies for timely diagnosis of pancreatic cancer are yet to develop at a full stretch which may results in early diagnosis of advanced stage of pancreatic cancer and can provide rightful treatment. Moreover, major players are getting collaborated with government and other social responsible agencies to improve the patient accessibility and affordability towards the treatments and diagnosis. For example, Illumina, Inc. has launched a venture called GRAIL along with Billgates and Jeff Bezos as investors with $100 Mn to focus on the blood based cancer screening for early and timely diagnosis of the common tumours through simple laboratory tests
Pancreatic Cancer Diagnostics Market Scope:
Global pancreatic cancer diagnostics market is classified on the basis of type of test, type of cancer, end user, and geography.
Based on type of test, the market is segmented into
- Blood Tests
- Biological Markers
Based on type of cancer, the market is segmented into
- Squamous carcinoma
- Adenosquamous carcinoma
Based on end user, the market is segmented into
- Oncology Institutes
- Diagnostic Centres
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Pancreatic Cancer Diagnostics Market Region Overview:
Geographically global pancreatic cancer diagnostics market is segmented into Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is dominating the pancreatic cancer diagnostics market globally owing to increase in technological advancements associated with pancreatic cancer treatment methods and increase in prevalence and incidence of pancreatic cancer. According to American cancer society, in 2017, it is estimated that around 54,000 people are diagnosed and 43,000 people are going to die because of pancreatic cancer in US. Europe holds the second largest position in pancreatic cancer diagnostics market owing to the advanced technologies and rapid prevalence of pancreatic cancer In 2014, according to Cancer Research UK, it was reported that around 10,000 cases diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to show significant growth during the forecast period due to high prevalence of pancreatic cancer, presence of large unmet needs, growing emerging economies like India and China.
Some of the key player for global pancreatic cancer diagnostics market includes Ambry Genetics (U.S), Abbott Laboratories, Inc. (U.S), AstraZeneca plc. (U.K), Eli Lilly and Company(U.S.), bioMeriux SA (France), Illumina, Inc.(U.S), Genoptix, Inc. (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.),GlaxoSmithKline plc (UK), Amgen, Inc.(U.S), Celgene corporation (U.S), and Novartis AG (Switzerland).
- In October 2015, Immunovia AB and the Knight Cancer Institute at Orgeon Health & Science University (OHSU) formed a collaboration to confirm and validate and commercialize the IMMray PanCan-d to early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.
- In August 2016, Interpace Diagnosis Group launched new version of AccuCEA product called “Insights” to test pancreatic cancer.
Key Features of the Report
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2016) and forecast (2017 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the marke