Global Point-of-Sale Terminals Market
Global point-of-sale terminals market report gives comprehensive outlook on point-of-sale terminals across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global point-of-sale terminals market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product, component, deployment, application and region. This report studies global point-of-sale terminals market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global point-of-sale terminals market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global point-of-sale terminals products.
Point-of-Sale Terminals Market:
The global point-of-sale terminals market estimated to be valued US$ 64.6 Bn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR of 8.1% over 2019-2025. Increased investments in technologies, high adoption of POS terminals across various industries, high returns on investments and ease of use & increased efficiency and growth of MPOS systems in developing economies are some key factors fostering the market growth. However, factors such as need for government certifications, rising security concerns and strict rules & regulations are hindering the market growth.
Technological Advancements in Point-of-sale (POS) are fueling the Market Growth
Current POS systems are progressively being used as marketing tools that are able to compile specific data and provide valuable consumer insight designed to help merchants re-target their customers. Point-of-sale (POS) systems are evolving, offering businesses with greater flexibility, control and intelligence than ever before. Businesses have moved from outdated cash registers and stationary credit card readers to iPads and even mobile- or cloud-based POS systems. This move in technology will not only deliver businesses with additional features, but also permit businesses to keep all reports and transactions in one place.
They can also be utilized to offer customers special purchase opportunities while building and maintaining relationships with them. Point-of-sale systems have emerged as a reliable alternative to traditional cash registry systems. These systems give merchants multiple capabilities, such as tracking of sales, faster checkouts, easy forwarding of orders, monitoring the inventory, secure payments, etc.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Point-of-Sale Terminals Market
Asia Pacific accounted for larger revenue share in global point-of-sale terminals market with considerable CAGR. The growth in this region can be attributed to better living standards in emerging countries, booming retail industry and increasing income levels. Also, Japan, China and India are the major contributors for the growth of the market in the region owing to increased awareness campaigns by government to promote the cashless economy. In addition, North America held considerable market share during estimated period due to the leading countries in the region.
Key player’s profiles in the global point-of-sale terminals market include:
- Ingenico S.A.
- NEC Corporation
- PAX Technology Limited
- MICROS Systems Inc.
- VeriFone Systems Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Toshiba Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
Global point-of-sale terminals market is surging owing to frequent acquisitions and launchings by the market players. For instance, in July 2017, Ingenico acquired Bambora, a Swedish payment-services company.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global point-of-sale terminals market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to high adoption of POS terminals across various industries
- Based on deployment, cloud segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global point-of-sale terminals market
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market