Global Povidone Iodine Market
Global Povidone Iodine Market Report Description:
Global Povidone Iodine market report gives comprehensive outlook on povidone iodine across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global povidone iodine market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product, application, end user and region. This report studies global povidone iodine market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global povidone iodine market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global povidone iodine market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global povidone iodine market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global povidone iodine products.
Global Povidone Iodine Market:
The global povidone iodine market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Key drivers for the market growth include increase in geriatric population, growth in disposable income, excellent performance properties of povidone iodine, rise in demand for povidone iodine in applications such as antiseptics & disinfectants and high growth in emerging economies. However, presence of substitutes is hindering the market growth.
Excellent Performance Properties of Povidone Iodine is Fueling the Market Growth
Povidone-iodine is a complex of the potent bactericidal agent iodine and the carrier molecule povidone. It is the most common iodophore, releasing iodine slowly and is effective against bacteria, fungi, viruses, protozoa, cists and spores in pre-operative site treatments, skin, periodontal and also in eye infections. It is an effective germicide. High dilutions are active in destroying, within fifteen seconds, the organisms commonly found in the mouth. It is effective in higher dilutions than the stock commercial preparations of the other common antiseptics. When povidone-iodine is used to prepare the oral mucosa for local anesthetic injection prior to dental procedures, the hazard of direct bacterial infection is removed almost completely.
North America Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Povidone Iodine Market
North America accounted for larger revenue share in global povidone iodine market with considerable CAGR due to stringent regulations on surgical hand antiseptics, increase in number of trauma, dental, and maxillofacial and bariatric surgeries especially in U.S. Also, need for disinfectants and rise in awareness about hygiene are other factors responsible for market growth. In addition, Europe held considerable market share during predicted period.
Key player’s profiles in the global povidone iodine market include:
- Adani Pharmachem Private Limited.
- BASF SE
- Boai NKY Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Glide Chem Private Limited.
- Huangshan Bonsun Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- Lasa Supergenerics Limited.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- N. Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Samrat Pharmachem Limited.
- Shanghai Yuking Water Soluble Material Tech Co., Ltd.
Global povidone iodine market is surging owing to frequent acquisitions and launchings by the market players.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global povidone iodine market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to excellent performance properties of povidone iodine
- Based on product, pharmaceutical grade PVP-I segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global povidone iodine market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
- Pharmaceutical Grade PVP-I
- Industrial Grade PVP-I
- Skin Sterilization
- Infection Prevention
- Instrument Sterilization
- Others (including Breeding AND Aquaculture)
By End User
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA