Global Rice Bran Oil Market
Market Outline: Global Rice Bran Oil Market
Rice bran oil, popularly known as heart oil or health food in western countries, is produced from the layer around the endosperm of rice obtained from paddy, which is removed during the process of rice milling and is generally known as rice bran. The rice bran oil is a balanced fatty acid profile, recommended by most of the healthcare organizations. It consists of 1% to 2% of alpha linolenic acid, which meets the requirement of n-3 fatty acid. The rice bran oil consists of nutritionally and biologically active constituents of three natural anti-oxidants i.e., oryzanol, tocopherols, tocotrienols.
Market Dynamics: Global Rice Bran Oil Market
The global rice bran oil market growth driven by increase in the health awareness among the population and surge in the demand for high nutritious food with low fat containing food and beverage products. Rice bran oil contains Oryzanol, an antioxidant that helps to decrease the cholesterol absorption and increase the cholesterol elimination in the body. Moreover, according to World Health Organization, rice bran oil improves the serum cholesterol levels than other oils. Moreover, rice bran oil contains high amount of vitamin E that has anti mutagenic properties which prevent the cancer. Furthermore, rice bran oil prevent the menopausal issues, delays aging, helps in weight loss, and helps in prevention of allergic reactions. On the flip side, high consumption of the oil can cause unpredictable bowel movements, intestinal gas, and stomach discomfort as the fibers present in it might block digestive tract, which might hamper the overall demand global rice bran oil market.
Market Scope: Global Rice Bran Oil Market
Global rice bran oil market is segmented based on the application and end user.
Based on the application, market is segmented into the following:
- Food & Beverages
- Others (Pharma)
Based on the end user, market is segmented into the following:
- Super & Hyper Markets
Regional Analysis: Global Rice Bran Oil Market
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Asia Pacific dominated the global rice bran oil market in 2018 followed by North America, Europe and Middle East & Africa. The rice bran oil market of Asia Pacific is flourished and will be flourishing in the future because of the health benefit rice bran oil provides. People are becoming more conscious of their health and thus consumption of rice bran oil is increased in the Europe region. Consumption of rice bran oil is very popular in North America because of its mutagenic properties which help to prevent cancer.
Competition Assessment: Global Rice Bran Oil Market
Some of the players in the global rice bran oil market include:
- Ricela Health Foods Ltd.
- Kamal Solvent Extractions Pvt. Ltd.
- BCL Industries Limited
- Vaighai Agro
- P. Refinery Pvt. Ltd.
- 3F Industries Ltd.
- Sethia Oils Limited
- Jain Group of Industries
- Shivangi Oils Pvt. Ltd.
- Balgopal Food Products Pvt. Ltd.
- King Rice Oil Group
- KPL Oil Mills
- Kasisuri Co., Ltd. (Kamolkij Co., Ltd.)
- Surin Bran Oil
- Agrotech International Limited
- Tsuno Co., Ltd.
- Oryza Oil & Fat Co., Ltd.
- Wilmar International Limited
Notable Market Developments: Global Rice Bran Oil Market
- In October 2018, KPL Oil Mills launched “Sudhi” rice bran oil.
- In August 2019, Cargil’s product “Gemini™ Rice Bran Oil”, has unveiled its first campaign. This product at better cholesterol reduction through its ‘cholesterol cutter’ proposition, the campaign also highlights, the product benefits of 40% more oryzanol as compared to any regular rice bran oil, working to reduce bad cholesterol in the body, more effectively.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market