Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Size:
Global induced pluripotent stem cells market was valued at US $ XX Mn in 2017 and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2018 to 2024
Induced pluripotent stem cells are one of the types of the pluripotent stem cells which can be generated from the adult cells. The induced pluripotent stem cells are generally derived from the blood cells or the skin cells that have been reprogrammed back into an embryonic-like pluripotent state. It enables to develop an unlimited source of any type of human cells that are needed for therapeutic purposes. As they are generated from the adult stem cells, they doesn’t require embryo. The Induced pluripotent stem cells play a vital role in the regenerative medicine.
Increase in the prevalence of various chronic diseases such as leukemia, diabetes, and heart diseases is majorly driving the growth of the induced pluripotent stem cells market. The growing adoption of regenerative medicine is likely to drive the growth of the market. The potential of early stage of human cells development is helping in the customization of flawless match of genes which is enhancing the growth of the induced pluripotent stem cells market. However, the factors such as incomplete programming, premature cell death and higher cost involved in the treatment procedures are likely to hamper the growth of the induced pluripotent stem cells market.
The market is segmented based on the technology, and end user
Based on the technology, the market is segmented into the following:
- Cell Production
- Cell Acquisition
- Expansion and Sub-Culture
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following:
- Academic Institutions
- Research Institutes
- Biotechnology Companies
Geographically, global market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America induced pluripotent stem cells market growth driven by increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart diseases. The growing adoption of the new treatment procedures are likely to enhance the growth of the induced pluripotent stem cells market in the region. The Asia Pacific region is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period.
Some of the players in the report include:
- Acelity Holdings, Inc. (U.S)
- StemCells, Inc. (U.S)
- Japan Tissue Engineering Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Organogenesis Inc (U.S)
- Fujifilm Holding Corporation (Japan)
- Fate Therapeutics (U.S)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (U.S)
Notable Market Developments:
- In March 2015, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation acquired Cellular Dynamics International, Inc.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0