Global Malaria Vaccine Market
Malaria is an infectious parasitic disease transmitted by a vector, female anopheles mosquito. Malaria produces recurrent attack of fever and chills. Malaria may lead to chronic conditions often death. Malaria may lead to several complications such as respiratory distress, severe headache and others. Generally, malaria is diagnosed by the blood tests by investigating symptoms and presence of parasite in blood. Malaria diseases are widely spread in tropical and subtropical regions around the equator.
Market Dynamics: Global Malaria Vaccine Market
Global malaria vaccines market is mainly driven by increase in R&D activities of companies to develop vaccines for malaria. In addition, funding of the government and non-profit organizations and presence of pipeline vaccines and their expected commercialization anticipated to bolster the market growth further. Moreover, the prevalence of malaria, especially in the developing and underdeveloped countries in Asia and Africa, projected to fuel the global market during forecast period. However, complexity in vaccine development and regulatory approvals coupled with the high cost are expected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
Market Scope: Global Malaria Vaccine Market
Based on type of vaccine, global market is segmented into
- Protein Vaccine
- DNA Vaccines
Based on target, global market is segmented into
- Pre-Erythrocytic Stage
- Erythrocytic Stage
- Combined Vaccines
Based on end user, global market is segmented into
- Vaccination Centres
Market Summary: Global Malaria Vaccine Market
Global malaria vaccines market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to prevalence rates to malaria worldwide. According to World Health Organization, in August 2015, total 91 countries and areas had ongoing malaria transmission and approximately half of the world’s population is at the risk of malaria. According to WHO estimates December 2016, 212 million cases were there in 2015. The market has only one approved malaria vaccine, Mosquirix. Mosquirix was approved in 2015 by European agency. Furthermore, pipeline vaccines such as PfSPZ Vaccine (by Sanaria) in phase 3 clinical trials and PEV 301& 302 (I phase 1b by Mymetics Corporation) and their commercialisation expected to boost the market. Government and non-government organizations initiatives are further bolstering the market growth.
Regional Analysis: Global Malaria Vaccine Market
Geographically, malaria vaccines market is segmented into Latin America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, North America, and the Middle East & Africa. The Middle East and Africa expected to grow at significant rates owing to the factors such as the prevalence of disease and growing awareness related to malaria vaccination, According to World Health Organization (WHO), in 2015, 90% of the malaria cases are from African Region alone. Asia Pacific region expected to have lucrative growth opportunity owing to factors such as the prevalence of the disease, growing awareness and developing healthcare infrastructure. Europe malaria vaccine Market is expected to grow at notable rates owing to the recent product launches such as Mosquirix, presence of key market players involved in development of the malaria vaccines and prevalence of the disease in the region.
Competition Assessment: Global Malaria Vaccine Market
Some of the key players in Malaria Vaccines market are GlaxoSmithKline Plc (U.K.), Sanaria Inc. (U.S.), Mymetics Corporation (Switzerland) and Novavax, Inc. (U.S.) to name a few.
Notable Market Developments: Global Malaria Vaccine Market
- In June 2016, Immunovaccine Inc. announced preclinical collaboration with University of Edinburgh’s Center for Immunity, Infection and Evolution for malaria
- In January 2013, Cadila Pharmaceuticals along with its partner Novavax Inc. collaborated with CPL Biologics to develop the novel malaria vaccine.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2016) and forecast (2017 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market