Market Outline: Mammography Market
Mammography is a diagnostic technique used to screen the breast tissues for presence of malignance tumors and other breast tissue issues. Low-dose X-rays are used in mammography to detect the early stage breast cancers. It enables detect the breast cancer when the women has no signs and symptoms.
Global mammography market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Market Dynamics: Mammography Market
Increase in prevalence of breast cancer around the globe is a major factor drives the growth of global mammography market. Moreover, technological advancements in mammography such as 3D imaging, sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, and rise in preference for early stage disease diagnosis in developed and developing countries, and increase in healthcare expenditure are anticipated to fuel the global mammography market over the forecast years. However, high cost for mammography, lack of awareness about breast cancer in underdeveloped countries, and adverse effects associated with radiation are expected to restrain the growth of global mammography market over the forecast years.
Market Scope: Mammography Market
Mammography market is segmented based on the product type, technology, and end user
Based on the product type, the market is segmented into the following
- Analog Systems
- Film Screen Systems
- Biopsy Systems
- Digital Systems
Based on the technology, the market is segmented into the following
- 2-D Mammography
- 3-D Mammography
- Combined 2-D and 3-D Mammography
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
Regional Analysis: Mammography Market
Geographically, global mammography market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America mammography market is witnessed to expand at significant CAGR due to increase in the prevalence of breast cancers (according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2014, approximately 236,968 women are diagnosed with breast cancer), rise in awareness about the mammography, and technological advancements in the mammography are anticipated to fuel the market. Europe mammography market driven by increase in the prevalence of breast cancer in Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, and other EU countries, adoption of newer technologies, and increase in healthcare expenditure are expected to boost the market. Asia Pacific mammography market has a lucrative growth attributed to rapid aging women population in India, China, and Japan, rise in disposable income, large patient pool, and increase in breast cancer awareness are anticipated to bolster the market.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands)
- General Electric Company (U.S.)
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (Japan)
- Siemens AG (Germany)
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation (Japan)
- Hologic, Inc (U.S.)
- Gamma Medica, Inc (U.S.)
- Konica Minolta, Inc. (Japan)
- Analogic Corporation (U.S.)
- Planmed Oy (Finland)
Notable Market Developments: Mammography Market
- In December 2017, Planmed Oy received FDA approval for its Planmed Clarity 2D full-filled digital monography system.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0