MicroRNA Market Dynamics
Growing incidence and prevalence of cancer and cardiovascular diseases is the major driving factor for growth of the MicroRNA market. As per GLOBOCON statistics, around 1, 604 cancer cases per 100,000 people were reported globally in 2012. Furthermore, increase in demand for bioinformatics, rise in usage and demand for advanced technologies, growing R&D investments by market players are expected to propel the growth of MicroRNA market. However, high cost associated with MicroRNA’s, lack of awareness, unfavourable regulatory framework is expected to dampen the Global MicroRNA market.
Market Scope: Global Market
Global Market is classified on the basis of application, type, end user, and geographical regions.
Based on the type, Global Market is segmented as
- MicroRNA Arrays
- Next Gen Sequencing
- PCR-Based Assay
Based on the Application, Global Market is segmented as
- Research and Development
- Clinical Diagnostics
Based on the End-user, Global Market is segmented as
- Research and Academic Institutes
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Diagnostic Centers
Regional Analysis: Global Market
Geographically Global Market is segmented as Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe. North America holds the largest position in global miRNA market owing to high prevalence of cancer, high adoption of advanced technology, availability of various reimbursement policies. According to American Cancer society, in U.S. one in every four deaths is accounted by cancer. Asia pacific offers lucrative opportunities due to increase in chronic diseases prevalence, growing researches on development of miRNA’s, development in healthcare sector. For example, in May 2015, an algorithm and detection technology of miRNA for non-invasive diagnosis of cancer was developed by Researchers who belongs to National University of Singapore and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) Bioprocessing Technology Institute.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.(U.S.)
- QIAGEN (Exiqon) (Germany)
- Illumina, Inc. (U.S.)
- GE Healthcare (UK)
- Agilent Technologies (U.S.)
- GeneCopoeia, Inc. (U.S.)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.)
- Promega Corporation (U.S.)
- Merck & Co., Inc.(U.S.)
Notable Market Developments
- In April 2014, Exigon launched high potent miRCURY LNA, a microRNA mimics for functional analysis.
- In January 2014, HTG molecular Diagnostics launched an assay with nuclease protection probe technology that targets 2,275 miRNAs.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market