Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Market
Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (NHL) is a type of cancer that occurs due to abnormal functioning of B or T lymphocytes and leukocytes. These lymphoma’s generally occurs in bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen, blood and other organs that are part of lymphatic system. Treatment of NHL depends on the rate of growth of cells and the area of the body in which it is spread. Treatment options usually includes Immunotherapy, chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation, targeted therapy, monoclonal antibody therapy and radiation therapy.
Market Dynamics: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Market
Age, gender, exposure to certain chemicals such as benzene, herbicides, weakened immune system, exposure to chemicals are risk factors for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Awareness of cancer diagnosis and treatment, governments’ intervention with different cost effective policies is expected to boost the Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (NHL) market over the forecast period. Although there are many drugs available for NHL but no drug is effective at last stage it may hinder the non-hodgkin lymphoma treatment market growth over the forecast period.
Market Scope: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Market
By Treatment Type
By Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Type
- B-cell Lymphoma
- T-cell Lymphoma
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Market Summary: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Market
Several drugs available in the market but they are not effective in last stage of cancer. Launch of new drugs in near future is expected to boost non-hodgkin lymphoma treatment market. The drug Axicabtagene ciloleucel is commercialized in 2017. Therapies such as T cell therapy and CAR T cell therapy are used where patients own T cells are used to attack non-hodhkin’s lymphoma cells. Some targeted therapies such as idelalisib and ibrutinib are latest advancements for the treatment of NHL. Rityxan is a front-line drug used for treatment but resistance has been noticed for this drug which will create space for other drugs in the market, Roche is conducting phase III clinical trial study of gazyva. In 2016, the U.S. Government allocated US$ 5.2 billion to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) for cancer research and training purpose. Government’s contribution in cancer awareness and treatment is expected to boost non-hodgkin lymphoma treatment market during the forecast period.
Regional Analysis: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Market
North America carries major share in NHL treatment market owing to high rate of blood cancer in the U.S. According to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the seventh most common cancer in the U.S. and fifth in the UK. U.S. study also shows that risk of NHL increases with increase in age. Asia- Pacific and Africa shows potential for growth due to increase in awareness.
Competition Assessment: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment Market
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Seattle Genetics
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
- Merck Inc.
- Pharmacyclics/Janssen Biotech
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin
- CTI Biopharma
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market