Prostate Cancer Diagnostic Market
Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer in men it is characterized by the abnormal development of cells in prostate gland and it may extent in the surrounding parts of prostate gland. Prostate cancer diagnostics market is classified on the basis of product type, age, cancer stage, and geography. Prostate cancer is age dependent cancer risk of prostate cancer increases with increase in age, family history, chemical exposure, smoking, inflammation of prostate and infections are other risk factors for prostate cancer.
Increase in prostate cancer awareness, lifestyle changes and technological advances are boosting the prostate cancer diagnostic market. Diagnosis and treatment available for prostate cancer are expensive and are associated with several side effects like urinary incontinence, surgical risks like stroke, heart attack, blood clots, which may hinder the prostate cancer diagnostic market over the forecasted period.
By Test Type
- Tumor Biomarker Tests
By Cancer Stage
- Stage I
- Stage II A
- Stage II B
- Stage III
- Stage IV
By End User
- Hospital Associated Labs
- Independent Diagnostic Labs
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Cancer Research Institutes
Prostate cancer diagnostic market is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period owing to increasing prevalence of prostate cancer and technological advancements. Biopsy is expected to be dominant diagnostic tool in prostate cancer diagnosis as it is mandatory to determine the presence of cancerous lump and cause of high level of prostate-specific antigen (PSA). Imagining prostate cancer diagnostic is expected to rise in forecasted period due to technological advances in the imaging such as a newer approach to measure blood flow within the gland using a technique called color droppler ultrasound. It detects tumor more accurately. ConfirmMDx is advanced diagnosis method which is a test that looks at certain genes in the cells from a prostate biopsy sample for accurate diagnosis. Multi parametric MRI is a newer technique that can be used to help determine the extent of the cancer and how severe it might be.
Prostate cancer diagnostics market is classified on the basis of geography in to North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. USA along with other developed countries captures major market revenues in prostate cancer diagnosis market due to growing prevalence and incidences of prostate cancer. Asia Pacific and Africa expected to offer potential to grow in forecasted period due to increase in risk factors and awareness of prostate cancer.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Siemens Healthcare
- MDx Health
- Beckman Coulter
- Myriad Genetics
- Ambry Genetics
- Genomic Health
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market