Global semen analysis market report gives comprehensive outlook on semen analysis across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of type, sample source, application, end user, and region. This report studies global semen analysis market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition the report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global semen analysis market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global semen analysis products.
Global Semen Analysis Market Size
The global semen analysis market valued US$ 260.0 Mn in 2018 and is poised to grow with a CAGR of 7.8% over 2019-2025. Some of the key factors influencing the market growth include growing disposable income in the developing countries, rising demand for animal derived food products, growing fertility tourism and increasing animal health expenditure. Also, high adoption of advanced semen analysis methods such as computer assisted semen analysis (CASA) by diagnostic laboratories are other factors likely to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period. However, imposition of medical device excise tax in the U.S, treatment is a major hurdle to many couples and high cost of assisted reproductive technology ae some factors inhibiting the market growth.
High Adoption of Advanced Semen Analysis Methods
Semen analysis has long been utilized as the primary investigative tool when assessing male factor in an infertility setting, in spite of its poor positive predictive value. Semen analysis was the most preferred test and used as a primary test for the diagnosis. This can be done through microscopic examination and the latest method is CASA. Although microscopic examination accounted for more demand as compared to CASA in 2016, CASA is expected to replace the microscopic method during the forecast period. Currently methods employed for evaluation of human semen vary substantially, ranging from those recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), to advanced automated technology, for example, Computer Aided Sperm Analyzer (CASA), for characteristics of sperm motility, morphology and analysis of other physical and biochemical parameters.Increase in healthcare awareness amongst couples about latest and advanced fertility tests such as ART (intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF), computer-assisted semen analysis (CASA) are factors expected to propel the growth of the global semen analysis market.
Europe Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Semen Analysis Market
Europe accounted for larger revenue share in global semen analysis market with a CAGR of 7.7% and is expected to grow over the forecast years. The growth in this region can be attributed to availability of well-equipped and advanced fertility clinics, higher adoption of costlier treatment, better coverage for diagnosis & treatment, and high awareness levels. In addition, the market is also expected to grow due to obesity and diet, and launch of new products in the need of treatment. European regions owing to aggressive healthcare infrastructure are expected to witness significant growth in the market.
- Hamilton Thorne Inc
- Microptic S.L.
- MotilityCount Aps
- ContraVac Inc.
- Medical Electronic Systems, LLC.
- Halotech DNA
- Bioline Technologies
- Mira Lab
- Sperm Processor Pvt. Ltd.
Global semen analysis market is surging owing to expansion of their production facilities for semen analysis to meet the demands of the customers in the market. For Instance, In Nov 2017, Microptic S.L. collaborated with ExSeed Health to launch a device that allows, with Microptic technology, for easy sperm testing at home in just a few seconds. This state-of-the-art smartphone compatible device works with SCA software and will help give couples all over the world the ability to improve their chances of becoming pregnant.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global semen analysis market expanding at significant CAGR over 2018 to 2025 owing to high adoption of advanced semen analysis methods such as computer assisted semen analysis (CASA)
- Based on region, Europe accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position
By Product Type
- Reagents & Kits
By Sample Source
- Reagents & Kits
- Semen Count
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- Fertility Centers
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market