Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Market Size:
Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) or intracranial injury is an injury to brain due to external force to brain. TBI can be classified as mild, moderate, and severe brain injury. TBI may be occur due to falls, vehicle collision, and violence. Symptoms of traumatic brain injury include cognitive, physical, social, and behavioural symptoms and outcome can range from complete recovery to permanent disability and may causes death. TBI can be diagnosed by using computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs).
Increase in the prevalence of brain traumatic injuries due to rise in number of road accidents and falls is expected to drives the global traumatic brain injuries market over the forecast period. Moreover, rise in number of geriatric population, increase in the R & D for innovation of newer products, promising pipeline products for TBIs, and entry of targeted therapies into the market are expected to boost the global traumatic brain injuries market. However, delayed disease diagnosis, lack of social awareness, and lack of government support for R&D activities are anticipated to restrain the growth of traumatic brain injuries market.
Traumatic brain injury treatment market is segmented on the basis of treatment type, route of administration, and distribution channel
Based on the treatment type
- Anti-Anxiety Drugs
Based on the route of administration
Based on the distribution channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Stores
Geographically, global traumatic brain injuries treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America traumatic brain injuries treatment market is led by U.S., due to increase in the prevalence of TBIs (According to CDC 2010, approximately 2.5 Mn people are admitted in hospital with TBI and about 138 people die in U.S. with TBIs). Surge in R&D expenditure for the development of newer drugs, and presence of skilled professionals for TBI surgeries are expected to propel the market. Europe traumatic brain injuries treatment market is expected to grow due to adoption of newer techniques for early stage disease diagnosis, promising product pipeline, and increase in the prevalence of TBIs are expected to boost the market. Asia pacific traumatic brain injuries treatment market has significant growth attributed to increase in medical tourism in Asia Pacific region due to low cost of treatment, entry of market players into Asia Pacific, and large patient pool are expected to bolster the market over the forecast years.
Some of the players in the global traumatic brain injury treatment market include:
- TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Israel)
- Tenax Therapeutics (U.S.)
- Amarantus BioScience Holdings (U.S.)
- Neuren Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Australia)
- Grace Laboratories LLC. (Georgia)
- Banyan Biomarkers Inc. (U.S)
- Vasopharm GmbH
- Cognosci, Inc. (U.S.)
- Medicortex Finland Oy (Finland)
Notable Market Developments:
- In May 2016, Stemedica Cell Technologies, Inc. received FDA investigational new drug (IND) approval for mesenchymal stem cells to treat traumatic brain injury
Key Features of the Report:
- The report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0