Tuberculosis Testing Market Growth Drivers and Restraints:
Primary drivers for the global tuberculosis testing market include the rise in the disease prevalence worldwide. In addition, technological advancements in tuberculosis testing such as advent of test kits and point of care products are expected to boost the global tuberculosis testing market over the forecast period. Furthermore, government initiatives for early detection and of tuberculosis coupled with an increase in adaptation of the point of care products for tuberculosis diagnosis are expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period. However, R&D cost for the development of the novel testing procedures for TB expected to hamper the market growth over the coming years.
The market is consolidated with the presence of strong market players involving in development and marketing of the tuberculosis tests. Companies adopting the strategies such as mergers and acquisitions to strengthen their market position and expand their global reach. For instance, in October 2017, Abbot Laboratories has acquired Alere Inc., to become a leading market player in point of care testing and advance its geographical reach. Furthermore, market layers also developing new testing technologies and novel products to increase their market share. For instance, in Feb 2012, Quanterix Corporation collaborated with the Forsyth Institute and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) to develop the fast and simple test for accurate diagnosis of tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis Testing Market Overview:
Tuberculosis is a bacterial infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB). Tuberculosis spreads through air and direct contact with the infected sputum. Tuberculosis usually affects lungs. But it can affect any other parts of the body. Tuberculosis patient generally experiences symptoms such as cough, chills, fever, fatigue, loss of weight and others. TB infecting bones can lead to joint destruction or spinal pain. The most common diagnostic test used for TB is skin test, but it is not fully accurate. There are many tuberculosis tests are available such as blood test, sputum tests, and Chest X-rays.
Tuberculosis Testing Market Segmentation:
Global tuberculosis testing market is segmented based on test type, end-user and region
Based on test type, market is segmented into
- Culture Based Tests
- Mantoux Test (TST)
- Interferon Gamma Release Analysis (IGRA)
- Nucleic Acid Testing
- Sear Microscopy
- Serological Tests
Based on end user, market is segmented into
- Diagnostic Centres
Based on region, market is segmented into
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
Regional Analysis: Global Tuberculosis Testing Market
Geographically tuberculosis testing market is divided into five key regions, i.e. Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia- Pacific, and The Middle East & Africa. North America tuberculosis testing market expected to have the significant market share owing to the presence of key market players, and developed healthcare infrastructure. Furthermore, market is witnessing recent product launched and strategical collaboration and acquisitions especially in U.S. For instance, In October 2017, Qiagen has launched QuantiFERON TB Gold Plus, blood test for the tuberculosis (TB) infections in U.S. market.
Europe tuberculosis testing market expected to show notable growth rates owing to the prevalence of tuberculosis, technological advancements in the diagnostic tests coupled with the growing awareness related to early diagnosis and treatment of TB. World Health Organization, estimates that about 323000 new TB cases were reported in the Europe, in 2015. Asia Pacific tuberculosis testing market is projected to have lucrative growth opportunity due to the disease prevalence, developing healthcare infrastructure and initiatives taken by the government to increase awareness and funding for early detection of tuberculosis.
- Hologic, Inc. (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
- Abbott Laboratories (U.S.)
- bioMerieux SA (Institut Mérieux) (France)
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland)
- Cepheid (The Danaher Corporation) (U.S.)
- Sanofi S.A. (France)
- QIAGEN (Germany)
- Hain Lifescience GmbH (Germany)
Notable Market Developments:
- In March 2017, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and FIND launched Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra, for the diagnosis of TB and rifampicin resistance.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market