Global Sodium Metabisulfite Market
Global Sodium Metabisulfite Market Report Description:
Global Sodium Metabisulfite market report gives comprehensive outlook on sodium metabisulfite across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global sodium metabisulfite market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of function, grade, end user and region. This report studies global sodium metabisulfite market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global sodium metabisulfite market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global sodium metabisulfite market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global sodium metabisulfite market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and healthcare service providers engaged in global sodium metabisulfite products.
Global Sodium Metabisulfite Market:
The global sodium metabisulfite market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2018 and poised to grow at significant CAGR over 2019-2025. Increasing furniture and decor demand, rapid industrial expansion, rising demand for food additives and preservatives, rapid urbanization together with growth in the pharmaceutical industries are some key factors influencing the market growth. However, factors such as side effects on body through high exposure will hamper the market growth.
Increasing Demand from Food and Beverage Industry
Sodium Metabisulfite is a white crystalline or powder solid with a slight sulfur odor. It is widely used in the food and beverage industry as a preservative and for treatment of different food stuffs, because it does not affect the taste of the food stuff respectively does not change it. Food Grade sodium metabisulfite may be used as a food preservative. It is also commonly added to various food products and wines as a preservative. Moreover, it can be used to sanitize the equipment of homebrew and winemaking as a cleaning agent. It also have various kinds of other applications, e.g. being applied to photography, as an excipients in some tablets, for water treatment, as a source of SO2 in wine, as a bactericide and as a bleaching reagent as well as reducing agent.
Side Effects on Body through High Exposure
This compound may cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to sulfites, including respiratory adverse reactions in asthmatics and other allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Skin exposures can cause symptoms ranging from minor skin irritation or itching to redness and swelling. Eye exposure to sodium metabisulfite may result in redness, tearing or moderate eye irritation. The ingestion of sodium metabisulfite may cause irritation of the mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Hence, side effects on body through high exposure sodium metabisulfite would hamper the market growth.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Sodium Metabisulfite Market
Asia Pacific accounted for larger revenue share in global sodium metabisulfite market with considerable CAGR is due the growing population together with fast growing food industry. Also, there is rapid growth of industrial based major end use industries in emerging economies which will further enhance the market growth. In addition, China is the major supplier of sodium metabisulphite to numerous countries due to the presence of leading sodium metabisulphite companies in China.
Key player’s profiles in the global sodium metabisulfite market include:
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Arkema (France)
- Evonik Industries (Germany)
- Prism Sulphur (Canada)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S)
- Solvay (Belgium)
- Aditya Birla Chemicals (India)
- Shandong Kailong Chemical Technology Development Co., Ltd. (China)
- Ultramarines India (P) Ltd. (India)
- Qingdao Tianya Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Hydrite Chemical (U.S)
Global sodium metabisulfite market is surging owing to frequent acquisitions and launchings by the market players. For Instance, in Mar 2017, Hydrite Chemical acquired SERVCO, a specialty chemical company located in Lubbock, Texas. This move will help the company to expand its geographic reach and to serve the customers more effectively.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global sodium metabisulfite market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2025 owing to increase in demand from food and beverage industry
- Based on grade, food segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global Sodium Metabisulfite market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2025)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
- Bleaching Agent
- Cleaning Agent
- Floating Agent
- Reducing agent
- Sanitizing agent
- Photo Grade
- Technical Grade
By End User
- Food and Beverages
- Paper and Pulp
- Photographic Industry
- Water Treatment
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA