Meningococcal Vaccines Market by Type (Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccines, Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine, Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccine) By End user (Hospitals, Clinic, Others ) By Geography (Latin America, North America, Asia- Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe)
Meningococcal Vaccines Market Outline
Meningococcal disease is a fatal disease caused by a bacteria called as Neisseria Meningitides which cause potential infection in the meninges, the thin layers of connective tissues which surrounds spinal cord and brain. Common symptoms are bacteraemia, pneumonia and meningitis associated with neck stiffness, nausea, high fever, vomiting, confusion, rashes and lethargy.
Meningococcal Vaccines Market Dynamics
Surge in incidence of meningococcal disease is expected to play vital role in growth of the global market. Furthermore, growing awareness among the people regarding the seriousness of disease, government initiatives, increase R&D investments by various players, introduction of advanced vaccines are expected to boost the growth of the market. However, lack of awareness, high cost of vaccines, unfavourable regulatory conditions are restrains of the market.
Meningococcal Vaccines Market Scope
The market is classified on the basis of type, end user, and geographical regions.
Based on the type, this market is segmented into
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccines
- Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine
- Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccine
Based on the End-user, this market is segmented into
Meningococcal Vaccines Market overview
Rise in incidence and mortality rate of meningococcal disease is expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for the global market. Favourable government initiatives are expected create awareness among people. For example, by 2018 MenA conjugate vaccines programmes in Africa is anticipated to prevent around 1, 23, 000 deaths. Meningococcal vaccine market is high consolidated market with very few market players. It is experiencing at rapid growth due to new products and it is expected to experience tremendous growth due to new entrants into the market during the forecast period.
Meningococcal Vaccines Market Regional Analysis
Global meningococcal vaccines market is segmented as Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, The Middle East and Africa and Europe. North America meningococcal vaccines market is expected to dominate revenue share followed by Europe, owing to increase in population and rise in prevalence of meningococcal diseases among population. U.S. market is accounted for major regional revenue share. In Europe, Germany, UK and France hold the largest share owing to rise in several initiatives taken by the government, well established healthcare infrastructure. Asia Pacific is expected to show a significant growth owing to growing awareness among consumers, rise in disposable income and various government immunization initiatives to eradicate meningococcal disease in Asia Pacific.
Meningococcal Vaccines Market Competitor Analysis
- GlaxoSmithKline plc. (UK)
- JN-International Medical Corporation (U.S.)
- Novartis International AG (Switzerland)
- Sanofi (France)
- Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.)
- Baxter International, Inc. (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments
- In October 2014, Pfizer received U.S. FDA approval for its TRUMENBA (meningococcal group B vaccine) to prevent meningococcal disease.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013 to 2016) and forecast (2017 to 2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market