Pest Control Market: By Pest Type (Termites, Rodents, Insects, Others), By Mechanism Of Action (Mechanical Pest Control, Chemical Pest Control, Biological Pest Control ), By The Application (Industrial, Agricultural, Commercial, Residential, Others ), and Geography–Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Pest Control Market
Market Outline: Pest Control Market
Pest control is a process of destroying the pests by using repellents or deterrents in a specific area. Pest control process is carried to kill the termites, cockroaches, bedbugs, and other unwanted living organisms which may hamper the human activity by interfering in the residential, agricultural, industrial, and commercial processes. Pest control process may eliminate the pests and make the hygiene and healthy lifestyle. Various methods are used in the pest control process depending on the type of pests. Most commonly used techniques are mechanical control and chemical control process.
Market Dynamics: Global Pest Control Industry
Unhygienic conditions, rise in industrialization with increasing preference for pest control process, change in climatic conditions, and implementation of stringent regulations for production industries which require pest control process are expected to increase the revenue growth of pest control market over the forecast period. In addition, rise in consumer awareness regarding health and hygiene, rise in disposable income, and better availability of the products are expected to propel the pest control market over the forecast period. However, introduction of newer biocide products, high cost of the products, adverse effects associated with pest control products, and stringent regulations for product approvals are the factors restrain the growth of global pest control market.
Market Scope: Pest Control Market
Global Pest control market is segmented on the basis of pest type, mechanism of action, and application
Based on the pest type, pest control market is segmented into the following:
Based on the mechanism of action, pest control market is segmented into the following:
- Mechanical Pest Control
- Chemical Pest Control
- Biological Pest Control
Based on the application, pest control market is segmented into the following:
Market Summary: Pest Control Market
Major factors for the positive projections of Global pest control market are increase in the awareness in among people about the pest control and growing health concerns. Governments are taking initiatives for pest control process to prevent the various diseases caused by pests. Moreover, acquisitions and mergers, collaborations, joint ventures, and product launchings are the strategies followed by the companies for garnering large market share in pest control market. For instance, in March 2015, Terminix has acquired two Canadian pest control companies namely Excel Pest Control and Cabot Pest control for strengthening its pest control business segment in Canada market and in 2016, Terminix acquired sandwich Isle Pest Solutions for diversifying its business segment in Hawaiian Islands. Moreover, in July 2016, Inert gas Injection, LLC received U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approval for IGI carbon Dioxide pest control product for the fumigation and eradication of pests.
Regional Analysis: Pest Control Market
Geographically, pest control market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America pest control market growing at significant rate due to stringent food safety and hygiene regulations. Europe pest control market driven by increase in the awareness about diseases related to pests, rise in the industrialization, which requires pest control strategies, and increase in the R&D activities for the innovation of newer pest control products in the region, However, Asia Pacific region is an emerging region for pest control products owing to increase in the usage of agricultural pest control products majorly in China and India, technological development in agriculture sector, and increase in urbanization are propelling the market growth.
Market Participants: Global Pest Control Market
Some of the players in global pest control market are Terminix International Company Ltd. (U.S.), FMC Corporation (U.S.), Ecolab Inc. (U.S.), Rollins Inc. (U.S.), Rentokil Initial plc. (U.K.), Bayer CropScience AG (Germany), Bell Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), SenesTech, Inc. (U.S.), Brunswick Pest Control, Inc. (U.S.), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), Pest control Pvt. Ltd. (India), and BASF SE (Germany) to name a few.
Notable Market Developments: Global Pest Control Market
- In February 2017, Rentokil Initial Plc. inked an agreement to form a joint venture with Pest Control Pvt. Ltd. India (PCI) for accelerating its pest control business in India
- In August 2016, Senestech, Inc. received U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approval for ContraPest, a pest control product prevents the rodent population through pest control
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2016) and forecast (2017-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market