Tooth Regeneration Market Analysis
Tooth regeneration is the evolutionary invention in tissue regeneration techniques. Tooth regeneration is referred as the manipulating non-dental and dental adult stem cells to engineer biological teeth (dentin, enamel, pulp). These stem cells can be taken from a patient and grown them in the laboratory and replace the missing tooth, where it may continue to grow and integrate into oral environment. Tooth regenerative technique may include stem cells or laser.
Global tooth regeneration market is mainly driven by the worldwide prevalence of the dental problems and research and development activities towards innovative techniques to tooth loss problems. In addition, favourable reimbursement policies such as coverage of Medicaid insurance for dental loss treatment and emergence of new technologies such as laser tooth generation techniques are expected to boost the global tooth generation market during the forecast period. Furthermore, tooth regeneration technologies have significant advantages over the other alternatives. However, a high cost of the procedures and regulatory approval issues are expected to hamper the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Global tooth regeneration market is driven by the prevalence rates of tooth problems who are more susceptible to tooth loss. According to World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 60% to 90% of school children and nearly 100% of adults have dental cavities. Dental cavities and periodontal diseases are the major causes of tooth loss. Complete loss of natural teeth is widespread and mostly affects older people. Market players are focusing on the R&D to commercialise the products and services in the market. In April 2017, Unilever (UK) launched an in-clinic remineralisation regime with “regenerate professionally advanced enamel serum”. The brand claims that 82% of the enamel mineral regenerated after 3 days.
Market Scope: Tooth Regeneration Market
The market is segmented based on application, demographics and end user
Based on application, it is segmented into
Based on demographics, it is segmented into
Based on end user, it is segmented into
- Dental Clinics
Regional Analysis: Tooth Regeneration Market
Geographically, the market has been segmented into Latin America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, North America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America market is expected to grow at notable rates owing to dental care rates in the region, well-established healthcare infrastructure. Asia Pacific region is expected to grow its market owing to the factors such as growing awareness, developing healthcare infrastructure and increase in health expenditure. Europe market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to growing rates of an ageing population who are more susceptible to tooth loss and growing awareness about the available options for tooth regeneration.
Competitor Analysis: Tooth Regeneration Market
- Unilever (U.K.)
- Ocata Therapeutics (U.S.)
- CryoLife, Inc. (U.S.)
- Integra LifeSciences (U.S.)
- BioMimetic Therapeutics, Inc. (Wright Medical Group, Inc.) (U.S.),
- Cook Group Incorporated (U.S.),
- StemCells Inc. (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments:
- In March 2016, U.S. FDA has approved “True Regeneration” by Millennium Dental Technologies, the world’s first full mouth true periodontal regeneration.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market