Global Generic Injectables Market
Global Generic Injectables Market Report Description:
Global generic injectables market report gives comprehensive outlook on generic injectables across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global generic injectables market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ 90.2 Bn) on the basis of molecule type, drug type, by indication, by route of administration, by manufacturing, by distribution channel, by presentation, by end user, and region. This report studies global generic injectables market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global generic injectables market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global generic injectables market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global Generic Injectables market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, and policy makers engaged in global generic injectables products.
Global Generic Injectables Market:
The global generic injectables market is expected to grow at US$ 90.2 Bn by 2023. Generic Injectables are gaining traction over the forecast period owing to their cost effectiveness and same efficacy as the branded drugs. Growing pressure on the drug prices by the various governments is forcing hospitals to prescribe generic injectables. Furthermore, supply continuity challenges are also driving the growth of generic injectables market. Moreover, increase in research and development for making the complex molecule suitable for injectable dosage forms, technological advancements, and increase in adoption of biosimilar products are also surging the growth of global generic injectables market.
Lower Costs of the Products Enhances Global Generic Injectables Market Growth
Lower costs of the generic drugs over the branded drugs streams the growth of global generic injectables market. For instance, the Indian government launched a scheme named Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana to support the establishment of generic medical stores and to provide medicines at affordable price in rural areas.
Asia Pacific Accounts for Larger Market Revenue Share in Global Generic Injectables Market
According to regional analysis, Asia Pacific dominated the global generic injectables market through 2013-2018 and expected to dominate over 2019-2023 owing to increasing prevalence of several diseases such as cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and musculoskeletal diseases etc. and higher consumption of generic drugs over the branded drugs sue to the cost effeteness of the generic drugs. After Asia Pacific, North America seems to dominate the global generic injectables market loss of patients of blockbuster drugs and due to approval of abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) drugs. Europe generic injectable market is also growing at a considerable rate due to their government initiatives to reduce the health care cost by supporting generic medicines.
Key player’s profiles in the global generic injectables market include:
- AbbVie Inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Baxter International Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novo Nordisk
- Pfizer Inc
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Sanofi SA
Global generic injectables market is surging owing to frequent acquisitions, product launch, and collaborations by the market players. For instance, in 2015, Merck announced that the European Commission (EC) approved KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab), for the treatment of advanced (unresectable or metastatic) melanoma in adults.
In December 2017, Novartis had more than 200 projects in its clinical pipeline and over 500 clinical trials in progress and it invested US$ 8,319 Mn for its research and development activities.
Furthermore, in February 2018, Novartis acquired Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A. (AAA), a publicly listed radiopharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and commercializes molecular nuclear medicines including Lutathera, a first-in-class radioligand therapy for neuroendocrine tumors.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global generic injectables market expanding at significant CAGR over 2019 to 2023 owing to launch of newer tests into market.
- Based on molecule type, large molecule segment accounted for larger market revenue share in 2018 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of newer products and collaboration strategies to retain market position in Global Generic Injectables Market
By Molecule Type
- Large Molecule
- Small Molecule
By Drug Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Peptide Hormones
- Blood Factors
- Peptide Antibiotics
- Cardiovascular Diseases
By Route of Administration
- Intravenous (IV)
- Intramuscular (IM)
- Subcutaneous (SC)
By Manufacturing Type
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
By Presentation Type
- Prefilled Syringes
- Lyophilized Products
- Dry Powder Injectable
- Pen Injectors
By End User
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market