Global Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Market:
Erectile dysfunction treatment market: By Product (Sildenafil [Viagra], Tadalafil [Adcirca, Cialis], Vardenafil [Staxyn, Levitra], Avanafil [Stendra], Others), By Distribution channel (Hospitals, Clinics, and Others) and Geography – Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Market Report Description:
Erectile dysfunction treatment market report gives a comprehensive outlook on erectile dysfunction across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa (MEA). This report on erectile dysfunction market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) of product, distribution channel and geographic regions. This report studies erectile dysfunction market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, the market report includes regulatory scenario and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed erectile dysfunction market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (Regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the erectile dysfunction market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policymakers engaged in manufacturing and supply of erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Market:
The erectile dysfunction treatment market estimated to be valued US$ XX Mn in 2016 and expanding at a growth rate of 4.2%, and projected to reach US$ XX Mn by 2023.
Is patent cliff of major brands leading to a sluggish growth of erectile dysfunction market?
The erectile dysfunction treatment market is expected to grow at the slow rate due to patent expiry of major brands. For instance, Viagra’s patent expired outside the U.S. in 2012, in U.S set to expire, but Pfizer’s collaboration with Teva and Mylan to introduce generics in U.S. in December 2017. Patent expiration of blockbuster molecules, availability of alternatives such as penus pumps, penile implants, ayurvedic medicines are expected to dampen the market growth.
Does erectile dysfunction treatment market unlock the potential of generic drugs?
A surge in R&D expenditure to develop alternatives to patented molecules, patent expiration of leading brands are expected to offer enormous opportunities for players.
Asia Pacific erectile dysfunction market expected to expand at robust CAGR over the forecast period.
U.S. erectile dysfunction market witnessed significant revenue share owing to increased number of patients suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED). The prevalence of ED associated with age, diabetes, cardiovascular disorders. As per statistics, about 18 million men over the age of 20 suffer from ED. Increased awareness, availability of treatment are few factors enables to drive the market. Asia Pacific erectile dysfunction market is expanding at healthy growth rate. Large patient pool, soaring old age male population expected to create strides in Asia Pacific ED treatment market. China & India expected to witness lucrative growth opportunities for generic manufacturers. Players are focused on developing alternatives to expensive patented drugs, increased awareness, a surge in economy & disposable income expected to drive emerging countries erectile dysfunction market.
Patent cliffs, availability of alternative therapies and devices, adverse effects like cardiovascular disorders, abnormalities in blood pressure; a severe headache are roadblocks for the erectile dysfunction market.
Key players’ profiles in the global erectile dysfunction market include:
- Pfizer, Inc. (U.S)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Eli Lilly and Company (U.S)
- Apricus Biosciences Inc. (U.S)
- Meda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S)
- K. Chemicals Co. Ltd.(Korea)
- Vivus, Inc. (U.S)
- Dong-A ST (South Korea)
Market players are focusing on mergers and acquisitions to improve their market position in Erectile Dysfunction market. On 27 March 2017, Vivus receive STENDRA (R) commercial rights from Sanofi, to market in Africa, Middle East, Turkey, and Russia.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Erectile dysfunction market is expanding at 4.2% CAGR over 2017 to 2023 to reach market value of US$ XX Mn by 2023
- Based on the type, predictive analytics market is expanding at highest CAGR over the forecast period.
- Based on region type, North America is expected to account for major market share.
- Hospitals are prime channel for surgical instruments systems distributed across the globe
- Players focusing on expanding geographic presence to garner market opportunities in developing economies
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2012-2016) and forecast (2017-2023)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of a socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market.
- Seldinafil [Viagra]
- Tadalafil [Adcirca, Cialis]
- Vardenafil [Staxyn, Levitra]
- Avanafil [Stendra]
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA